37

Another month came and went and Virgil was standing there frozen in thought. He stared at himself in the mirror seeing himself in costume and just sighed. Why did he look good as JD? Virgil laughed softly at himself as he looked around for Roman. The man's outfit had obviously changed a bit, even though Roman said he was not opposed to wearing Veronica's proper feminine attire the school board thought it best to make it so Roman felt more comfortable. They even changed the name to Ronnie... how that works with the song... don't ask. Regardless of the fact that they were clearly against cross-dressing the fact that it's now a gay love story is perfect. It adds that extra oomph to it. As if Ronnie and JD's love was forbidden. JD felt he had to do everything to fight a world that wouldn't accept them.

Honestly, in this day and age, the rewrite was golden from a writer's perspective. They even changed the Kurt and Ram to Rachael and Kelly as well as make is so Ronnie was made to be Heather's pretend boyfriend. Virgil was actually going to enjoy this... plus it didn't hurt that his lover in this just so happens to be his boyfriend.

Although that was another issue altogether. Virgil never gave him an answer. Not once and Roman new that. He's been bringing it up every chance he could but Virgil just directed and diverted to avoid the topic altogether. It wasn't that Virgil didn't want him to stay. Virgil loved Roman. It was that Virgil didn't think he should. Or actually... Virgil really didn't know his own thoughts on the matter.

Virgil sighed as he bit his lip lost in thought. What is he supposed to tell him? He doesn't know what his thoughts are. He doesn't know so... what is he supposed to say. If he tells Roman he wants him to stay and Roman does than he's faced with the fact that Roman's giving up everything for him. If he tells him no... He loses him. He loses him either way. He just wanted this to be happy until it ended. It was always going to end.

Virgil frowned as he looked himself over again. He was only doing this because of Roman. But he couldn't deny the rush he felt... the excitement. The idea of being the person that brought life to the script... Virgil never realized how it felt. He understood Roman's dream more. He understood what it felt like. He doesn't want to be the one to take that from him. He just...

"Roman..." Virgil frowned hearing the familiar voice of someone Virgil pegged as pathetic trash. Great. Here we go again. "You look really good in that. The costume change was a good choice."

"Why thank you. I'm glad you think so." Virgil groaned as he made his way over to find Flirty Mcbitchface getting a little to close to Roman. It's not Roman's fault. Virgil's come to understand that man can't tell when someone is trying to get in his good graces. It's because of Roman's insecurities. He feels he has to make everyone happy and in turn doesn't feel that good about himself so every chance he gets to make another happy or gets a 'compliment' he jumps at the chance with a smile. In Virgil's perspective, it makes the man almost innocent in a way. It also makes Virgil VERY protective of him. 

"I mean it Ro... although anything would look go..."

"Why don't you go try to fit your fat ass into that tiny shirt you fought so hard for the teacher to get and leave Roman alone." Virgil shot the girl a smirk as her face went white as Virgil just winked and wave seeing her stomp off. 

"That wasn't very nice..." Virgil scoffed as he shook his head feeling his chest twinge.

"Well, I don't approve of twig bitches thinking they can one-up me with my man." Roman's eyes lit up as Virgil smiled. "Yes I know I called her fat and then a twig. My mind's a bit clouded right now."

"Jealous much..." Roman pulled Virgil in shocking the other as he laughed. "I find that hot."

"Do you now?" Virgil laughed as he wrapped his hand around Roman tie. Roman nodded as he leaned in a bit closer making Virgil raise a brow at him before placing his hand to his lips. "Save it for the show Roman."

"What if I don't want to?" Virgil's eyes darted about seeing people start to stop and stare noticing what was going on with them and Virgil 's eyes narrowed. "Don't focus on them, Virgil. Let them stare." Roman tried again but just covered his mouth again placing a kiss to the back of his hand with a laugh. "Virgil..."

"It's ok, Ro. Just wait till after." Roman nodded with dilated eyes as Virgil smirked suggestively. "Our love is god... right?"

"God damn it." Roman burst out laughing leaning against Virgil as the man chuckled silents. Roman slowly calmed down with a smile as he looked up to meet Virgil's eyes. "You ready for this babe?"

"Of course I am." Virgil smiled as he pushed himself against Roman's chest. "I've got you with me." Virgil pulled away hearing the teacher yell out for places and Virgil smiled pushing Roman towards the stage. "Hurry up there Princey. You have an audience to amaze." Roman just laughed.

"Trust me, Babe. They won't be looking at me for long." Virgil's eyes went wide as Roman placed a small kiss on his cheek. "Did I mention you look fucking amazing in that Virgil?"

"Ha... Says the god in front of me." Virgil brushed Roman's shoulder with a slight chuckled before pushing him again. "Go, Roman. Can't miss your curtain."