21

"Virgil, from the start please." Roman just sat there watching as Virgil practically danced across the stage Virgil was a natural. Roman could tell. Even if the younger didn't see it in himself, Roman could see it. And boy did he love watching Virgil act... The younger was at the moment practicing some of his lines without any other participant right now. They wanted Virgil to get comfortable with the part before anyone joined him, in the hopes of lessening any possible anxiety.  Roman honestly didn't care that he wasn't up there with him right now because watching Virgil was just as good as acting it himself... if not better.

He was amazed by Virgil. Virgil was just as good as any big-time actor and no Roman wasn't being biased... Ok, he might be a little bit but that didn't lessen what Virgil could do. It just meant that Roman was enthralled. He was happy. Well, he wasn't entirely happy because he knew how Virgil felt but he was happy that he got to see it. Virgil's voice was something he enjoyed listening to. And knowing that Virgil was Anxiety just made it all so much better. The man he had been... well... interested in, was the same man who blew Roman way on stage. 

He couldn't be happier. Sure he was hurting over the fact that being right meant he had set Virgil off now THREE times, but... Seeing Virgil laugh and smile... it made Roman's day. Knowing that Virgil cared about him... or well, cared about Princey meant the world to him. Roman will get there... someday. He'll get passed the fucked up shit his head tells him because of Damien. He'll get over the fear. No... No, he won't. He'll learn to live with it and to not let it control him. He'll tell Virgil someday, but for now, he'll just have to be content with this. Watching from the sidelines isn't so bad...

"Hey Roman?" The actor looked over to see this woman smiling awkwardly as she held up this brush. "Since your an actor and all that and know more about this than us... do you think you can help us?" Help... Help paint? Roman didn't understand why he was being asked but his mind immediately turned to the fact that he should be helping somehow. She is right... he's done this many times before. The thing was he didn't want to pain. He wanted to... Roman frowned as his eyes darted over to Virgil before sighing and putting on that smile. He wanted to watch his friend but someone needed his help so...

"Of course I can. Just tell me what to do." Virgil narrowed his eyes watching Roman get up and grab the brush. 

"Virgil!" Virgil jumped as the teacher sighed. "You good or..."

"I'm good. I'm just..." His eyes found Roman again who painting some of the set and Virgil literally felt his heart drop. Seriously? Roman isn't a student here. He doesn't need to... "... Who is in charge of set design again." He could see Roman tense before meeting his eyes and smiled awkwardly. The teacher glanced over and nearly snapped.

"ROMAN! I thought I told you not to..."

"But they asked for some help, I was just..." Virgil frowned seeing the two of them agree, meanwhile the girl who was supposed to be doing it was quickly making her way out of the room. So this is what it's going to be like. "I'm just sitting there doing nothing. It doesn't feel right."

"I'll do it." Virgil called out not once missing the way Roman's eyes darkened. "I am stage crew..."

"Not anymore, Virgil. You're JD now. Leave that to Ms... Wait where did she go?" Roman rolled his eyes as the teacher ran off to go find her. "Virgil, continue your lines."

"But I already know them... Forget it." Virgil just dropped to the ground. He was exhausted. "Can I just say fuck it."

"Oh, come on, Virgil. You were doing good." Virgil froze as Roman sat beside him. The actor beamed as he laughed. "You're really good actually. I know you can do this."

"I don't really have a choice, Roman." Roman's eyes darkened again as he just sighed and nodded. "Thank you though." Virgil could see Roman's eyes widen as he smirked. "I know you're trying to help... It does mean something. Even if I don't... respond well."

"I just want everyone to be happy." Virgil glanced over to see Roman smiling sadly at his hands. "I didn't mean to force you into something you didn't want to do. It's just... You were so good up there and I guess... I just thought if I could get you up there again..."

"It's ok, Roman." Roman shook his head as he looked out into the empty audience. 

"No, it isn't." Roman sighed as he looked back over at Virgil with a bright smile. "You are good though, Virgil. Really good..." Virgil watched as Roman started to get up and out of nowhere he just blurted out.

"Practice with me." Roman froze up as Virgil cringed at himself. Everyone literally stopped what they were doing as Virgil pushed himself up to his feet anxiously. "You... You don't have to... to do anything you don't want to." Roman slowly turned back around to see Virgil anxiously holding arm as he avoided his gaze. "I was just wondering if you would practice the lines with me since... you are Veronica after all."

"Are you sure? I wouldn't want you to..."

"Roman, please?" Roman smiled as Virgil glanced around. Virgil was actually asking for his help. "You don't have to... d-don't think I'm trying to force you or..."

"I'd love to, Virgil." Virgil just shook his head and Roman chuckled a bit. "I'm serious. I'd really love to help you. We're friends." Virgil's eyes went wide as Roman smile. "I should always be willing to help my friends."

"Roman, you don't..."

"Although, this time it's not about that. I genuinely want to help." Roman took Virgil's hand as he led him to the center of the stage. "Like I said, we're friends... aren't we?" Roman smirked as he nudged Virgil's shoulder. "Are am I still to much of a nuisance?"

"Shut up and start your lines." Virgil tensed as the others all stopped what they were doing to watch.