6

POPstar: Hey, kiddo. I know something must have happened or your dealing with something so you couldn't respond or whatever. That's ok. You're gonna have to forgive his anxiety. It can get really bad. I'll text you later kiddo to let you know how he's doing but right now I gotta help him with his attack. Hope all is well with you. TTYL, Kiddo.*Read*

Roman stared at his phone intently as the day moved on. He finished his scene without the director being the usual ass but his nerves weren't going down. Patton had yet to text him at all after that. Was Anx ok? The actor was just sitting in his silently bouncing his knee in nervousness. 

“Roman?” The man looked up to see his Director standing beside him and tried to put on a happy smile. The Director didn't look too please. However Roman didn't know if it was directed at him, for him, or not even about him so he tried not to let it get to him. “Do you mind coming and having a talk with me?”

“No but uh... what is it about?” 

“I don't want to scare you but... It's about the your future with the show.” Roman's eyes went wide a bit as he quickly stuffed his phone into his bag and followed his director back to his office. As he walked in he could see his friend Kai already there and his heart dropped, just from the nervous energy. Kai was his agent, marketing, assistant... Kai basically did everything and kept him on the right path. So seeing him here meant this was pretty serious. “Please take a seat, Roman?”

“What going on?” His director offered a small smile before slowly pushing a script over to him. Roman took it with out any hesitation reading the episode title with a confused look. “Death's door closes?” The director nodded as Roman skipped to the end in confusion. “I don't understand.”

“Go back 10 pages.” Roman listened flipping back and letting his eyes scan the page until... his eyes widened in shock.

“You're planning on killing off Vlad?” Kai sighed as the director nodded again and Roman narrowed his eyes in confusion. “But I thought I had that contract...”

“We do and as much as I want to honor it... the board did make a compelling case.” Roman slowly set the script onto the desk as he listened wholeheartedly. “The shows getting... repetitive. The same things happening over and over again. There's not much going on besides Vladimir's arch. They want something that will really rock this show to the core. They want to change up some things but more importantly they want something... world changing.”

“No I understand why they would want it.” Roman smiled as looked out the window in thought. “The death of a character is a big thing no mater what it is. You have to put a lot of thought into such a decision. Will they be a side character... a main character... or some sort of a cameo type thing? Will there death be meaningless or with it spur the plot forward? How will they die? Will it be graphic, tragic, unknown, or emotional? There's a lot of thought in it.” Roman glanced back at his director with a bright knowing smile. “Vlad is side character but with all the buzz on me he's easily one of the most loved characters. He doesn't have much sway with the show but can at the same time send waves through it too. If done right his death could uproot the entire plot sending the main characters into the jaws of adventure and intrigue. The problem with that is my publicity. Being that Vlad is such a loved character one wrong move could cause the show to plummet losing valuable and loyal views. But if done right... You could shake the very foundation of the show making your ratings sky rocket and leave no eye without tears. Whilst at the same time keeping your mains safe to continue. And with everything that happened recently with Vlad and his whole arch now would be the perfect time, seeing as how everyone is so closely invested in him and what happened and or happens to him.”

“Uh...” Roman laughed as the two just stared at him in shock.

“Sorry... I took creative writing as an elective in college to learn more about the work that gets put into scripts.” Roman glanced down at the script again with a shake of his head and smiles. “At the end of the day, Vlad is the writers character... not mine. I'm just the pretty face giving his creative vision dimension and a voice. I am fine with whatever decisions are made. Besides... how could I find fault in such a stunning plot point?”

“You are taking this... so much better than I expected was even possible.” Roman frowned a little as he looked over at his friend in confusion. The director just laughed a little. “Usually people have a problem and cause a scene about it. But you didn't and not only that, but you even gave a reason as to why it was a good idea even though it means you are no long a part of the show after that.”

“I can see why people would be upset about that but there will always be work somewhere. Why should I burn my bridges with you now over something like this? Plus... I will be honest...” Roman laughed a little as he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. “I'm looking forward to the time off. I'm exhausted.” Kai and the director burst out laughed as Roman just smiled looking between the two.

“Well ok then Roman. I just have some paperwork for you to sign.” Roman nodded with a beaming grin that could light up the room.

“Of course!”