33

"Virgil?" Roman groaned in his sleep as he rolled over feeling this immense chill. "V-Virge..." His hands trembled as he gripped the blanket tightly. His dreams were filled with the man he loved yelling at him and telling him to fuck off. "Don't... Don't go."

Roman jumped up with a start at the sound of his phone going off and he frowned seeing he was back in the motel. The last thing he remembered was being at the cookout. Cassidy had... His hands clenched as he let out a broken sigh. His brother was engaged. His phone went off again catching him by surprise. He picked it up only to freeze nearly dropping it the moment he saw the name.

MyLove: Hey there Roman.
MyLove: I don't know if you're up yet but... I just wanted to say... I'm sorry.
MyLove: I don't hate you. 
MyLove: I'm scared, Roman. 
MyLove: But I refuse to let my fear hurt you anymore.
MyLove: So just be patient with me... I'm trying. I really am it's just slow...

Roman's hands shook horribly as tears fell from his eyes. Anx is texting him. Virgil is finally texting him. But he thought Virgil wasn't ever going to again... What happened? 

DeadInside: Anx?

MyLove: Who else, Princey?

DeadInside: ... Really? You're gonna ask that?
DeadInside: How about my brother for one? 
MyLove: You know about that?
DeadInside: (-_-)v*

DeadInside: 💔
MyLove: I'm sorry, Roman, really.
MyLove: I just... I didn't know what to do. Roman, I hurt you in the worst way I could have at the moment. And the guilt tore me apart.

DeadInside: Same... it tore me apart too.(◞‸◟)
MyLove: You're still upset. I understand. Obviously, you would be. I'm sorry, Roman. I just didn't want to hurt you anymore. I didn't want to be like them. I thought if I ended things I would save you from me.
DeadInside: I DON'T NEED TO BE PROTECTED FROM YOU!
DeadInside: Anx... you are the most amazing person I have ever met.
DeadInside: spoke to... I meant spoke to.
MyLove: Roman, I hurt you.
DeadInside: I HURT YOU! Who the fuck cares... Besides, what the fuck are you even talking about? When did you hurt me because I don't remember you ever actually doing shit! Anx, the only thing that hurt me was you leaving.
MyLove: I'm not leaving anytime soon, Princey.
DeadInside: Why don't I believe that?

Roman sighed as he threw his head back in anger at himself. He needs to calm down. If he keeps talking like this he's just going to push Anx away agai...

MyLove: You're clearly upset still so... I'll just give you some time.
MyLove: You should rest up, Roman.
DeadInside: Anx, don't go

DeadInside: please don't. I'm sorry. Don't go.
MyLove: It's ok, Roman. I'm not going anywhere.

Roman's chest burned as tears fell from his eyes. He thought he fucked up again. His fingers trembled so bad it was hard to press the right buttons.

DeadInside: im sorry
DeadInside:  i dont mean to be so mean

DeadInside:  please don't go
DeadInside: please
MyLove: Roman, I'm not going anywhere.

DeadInside: Anx i dont want to be alone

Roman jumped as his phone started to ring. His eyes narrowed as he answered it only to choke back the sob hearing the man on the other end.

"Roman, just breathe." The actor shook as he hugged his knees curling up as if protecting himself as he sat there. "It's going to be ok."

"A-Anx?" Roman choked on his own breath as he gripped his phone tightly. Virgil's voice tumbling through the speaker as Roman teared up. "A-Anx... I'm sor..."

"Don't apologize, Roman. You've done nothing wrong." Roman frowned as he laid down placing the phone beside his head. "It's going to be ok, Princey. I promise. I'm not leaving you."

"B-But..."

"Roman, I was scared. I was afraid of hurting you so I pulled away. I thought if we never spoke I'd never get the chance to hurt you. But I didn't see how doing that was what hurt you." Roman narrowed his eyes hearing the shake in Virgil's voice through the phone. "I'm sorry, Roman. I really am. I never meant to make you think I hated you. I don't. I really really don't hate you, Roman. I could never hate you, Princey."

"I thought I was egotistical and don't care about anyone..."

"Don't you dare even joke about that." Roman laughed a bit as Virgil groaned on the other end of the line. "Roman, the point is I didn't know you. I didn't know Roman Black. So... I couldn't see Princey. Now that I do I... I really don't want to let you go." Roman's eyes went wide as he started to smile brightly. "You don't need to be scared, Roman. I'm not leaving. I care about you."

"V-Virg... Uh, shit..." Roman tensed hearing the laughter came through the phone. It was so light yet held that deep rasp. It made his heart race and he couldn't hold the back the blush that dusted his cheeks just at the sound. 

"It's ok, Ro. I know. Kai told me." Roman tensed as Virgil sighed. "Here's the deal... how about over the phone we're still Anx and Princey. We go back to as if nothing happened and just..."

"I don't want to be friends, Virgil." Roman slammed a hand over his mouth as Virgil clammed up. Roman couldn't see Virgil's reaction. He couldn't see the way Virgil lit up. He could see the way Virgil choked back the happiest giggle of euphoria he'd ever had.

"Y-You  don't?" Roman was just sitting there frozen feeling his anxiety tear through him. "Wait... Princey doesn't want to be friends with Anxiety?" Virgil's voice shook with joy and anxiety as he prayed that he heard the meaning right. "But I thought you said you didn't want..."

"I don't want to be friends... because I want... I want..." Roman took a deep breath trying to reign in his thoughts. What if he Virgil was lying? What if Virgil was just going to leave him again? What if Virgil didn't want this? What if Virgil left him the moment he asked? Did he really want to risk...

"Hey remember... This is Anxiety talking... not Virgil." Roman's eyes went wide as he took let out that deep breath. "Now, tell me what you want, Princey. I won't judge."

"I want more." Roman felt the tears that slowly slid down his cheek. "I want you."

"Prinxiety, huh?" Roman frowned in confusion as Virgil laughed feeling his heart swell.

"Prince... what?" Virgil laughed again making Roman's heart skip a beat.

"It's our ship name according to Pain." Roman's eyes went wide as he brought the phone closer. "Princey, I... I want more... too."

"Wait, really?" Roman jumped up smiling wide as the tears continued to spill. "You do? Wait, Anx, you aren't lying to me, are you? I don't know if I could take it. If this is a joke, I..."

"Let's see where this goes." Roman's heart literally stopped as his whole body was set aflame with Virgil's soft voice. "That is... if this is really what you want, Princey."

"It is." Roman beamed as he wiped the tears away. "It really is."