25

Virgil's walk home was... slow. Actually right now it was nonexistent. Remus didn't want to leave him but Virgil wouldn't let him stay. He had a man at home waiting for him and the last thing Virgil wanted was to make Cassidy worried. So he had watched Remus leave before attempting himself to go home. He ended up at a park.

Roman Black. His Prince was... is... Roman Black. Virgil wasn't being dramatic when he said he's been friends with Remus for a long time. Sure he never met Roman but he knew of him. There was one time Virgil almost got to meet him before his rise to fame... Roman left before he ever got the chance so Remus took Virgil out for icecream to make up for his twin's rudeness.

Virgil had gotten it into his head throughout the years of being Remus's friend that Roman was an asshole. Roman was an ass. He was egotistical. He never once called Remus after he left. He never once sent anything. Not even a simple letter just letting him know how things were. In his head, Roman was an egotistic prick who didn't even care about his own twin...

But he was wrong.

Princey was so caring. He was patent and kind. He pushed for pronouns because he didn't want to risk the possibility of misgendering him even though it would have been Virgil's fault. He never pushed for anything else. He took everything at Virgil's pace. Even those few moments where Virgil knew Princey wanted to run because of his own anxiety, he didn't. He came through and tried to make things better. Princey let him in. He proved the kind of person he is. 

And so did Virgil...

PrinceRo: Anx, please talk to me.
PrinceRo: I know what must be going through your head.
PrinceRo: Anx please.
PrinceRo: Anx
PrinceRo: ANXIETY DO NOT IGNORE ME... I NEED YOU TO TALK TO ME. 
PrinceRo: Please don't do this.
PrinceRo: Anx, I can't lose you.

PrinceRo: Anxiety!
PrinceRo: GOD DAMN IT ANX PLEASE!!!!
Me: stop
PrinceRo: Anx, don't quit on me. I know what your thinking.
Me: I said stop Roman.
PrinceRo: I AM NOT GOING TO STOP!
PrinceRo: I'm not giving up on this. Anx you've become such an amazing friend. I can't lose you. I can't loose this.
Me: You should have told me.
PrinceRo: You know why I couldn't.
Me: YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME ROMAN! The thing's I said to you... about you.
PrinceRo: If this is about when you told me about your favorite show... It actually made me very happy.
Me: Damn it Roman. You know damn well I don't care about that!
Me: I was horrible to you. Said such horrible things.
PrinceRo: Anx, it's fine. I don't care. I just don't want to lose you.
Me: You don't know Roman. You just don't know. You don't know who I am. I'm not talking about over the phone Roman. I treated you like shit... IN FUCKING PERSON!
PrinceRo: Anx... don't.
Me: I'm sorry Roman. I'm done.

It was instantaneous. His phone started ringing and he just shook. Tears dripped onto his phone as he sobbed. It rang and rang. As soon as it stopped it would start up again only making Virgil cry harder.

PrinceRo: ANX PLEASE!
PrinceRo: Pick up.
PrinceRo: Do something.
PrinceRo: you don't have to talk just listen

The phone rang again and Virgil declined it before wiping the tears away. He had to do this. He had to. Roman deserved better than him. He isn't worth this. Not at all. Roman will learn that soon enough.

PrinceRo: Anxiety?
PrinceRo: please... don't do this.

PrinceRo: dont leave me
PrinceRo: i cant lose you
PrinceRo: your the firt frend ive haf in so lomg
PrinceRo: anc i car to mucj dont
PrinceRo: dont do this

Virgil's hands shook terribly as he watched the messages roll in. It didn't change his mind any. He was determined to end this. He had to protect Roman... from himself.

MyLove: Goodbye, Roman.

Roman stared at his phone in total and complete shock. Tears fell freely from his eyes with no sign of stopping. His heart was barely beating. He would have been shocked if it was even there at all. It felt like it was ripped out. Anx... His Anxiety... his... 

Roman screamed at the top of his lungs as he chucked his phone right at the wall shattering it on impact. He fell to his knees wracked with tears that held no end in sight. He couldn't breathe. He clutched his chest as he curled up unable to make the room stop spinning. 

Months... He's been talking with Anx for months now. He's been slowly but surely falling and he knew that. He was a sucker for this sort of thing and Anx just... made everything better. His heart was screaming at him to call Anx back up to plead with him to... To tell Virgil how he felt but he knew... Virgil would only push away farther.

When he saw Virgil being so happy with his brother, he couldn't take it. Remus made him laugh... made him smile. Roman wanted to be the one to do that. Roman wanted to be the one that got him to be happy. He just stands there and watches. It hurt him too much. That's how it hut him. How it truly hit him just how much he cared about him...

How much he loved him...

But Virgil just said goodbye.

He lost the man he loved... for what reason. Why would Virgil pull away so suddenly? It wasn't his anxiety, was it? Or his anger... It wasn't because he didn't like Roman... right?

Surely Virgil didn't end it because he didn't like Roman. Roman's chest twinged as his insecurity reared its ugly head. Did Virgil really not like him? Was that why? But... Roman just could take it. He broke down completely as he crawled into bed ignoring the door that opened behind him.

"Hey Ro, you're back al... Roman?" Roman hugged his pillow tightly as he felt Kai sit beside him and rub his back. "Roman, what's wrong?"

"He just..." Roman turned over and latched onto his friend shocking the man who doesn't see this side of Roman very often. Roman hides what he feels so much it's just become a habit. "He ended it, Kai. Anx... Virgil he..." Roman sobbed so loudly as his whole body felt dead. "He found out and... he said goodbye."

"It's going to be ok Roman." Kai laid himself down so he could hold Roman better. The actor was pressed up against Kai's chest as he shook with tears. Kai rested his head against Roman as he just held him tight. The two stayed like that the whole night until Roman finally cried himself to sleep.