❛ 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚜 ❜ | 𝚜𝚕𝚊𝚡𝚕

Start from the beginning

Damn Bluetooth.

Duff laughed as Axl answered the phone. "Hey, baby, how soon are you gonna be home?" Saul answered the phone with a giggle.

"Hiii, Daddyyy!" Five year old Harley chimes in the background.

Axl chuckled when Duff went, "God, I can't wait to hear that when I get home."

Steven only just got pregnant a few months ago with their second, and definitely not last, child.

"Hey, angel.... you being good for mama?" Axl switched his car into drive.

"Yes! Hurry, we have surprise for you!" Harley giggles.

"Harley! That's a secret." Saul hissed before he laughed.

Axl smiled softly, "I'll be home soon. Just got off. I'm gonna drop Duff at his house and I'll see you guys soon, alright?"

"Okay, love you." Saul says wistfully. Axl's heart leapt joyfully. "Love you too, baby."

"Love you three!" Harley yelled in the background. Saul chuckled before the call ended.

"You two are what I aspire to be." Duff says softly as he looked out the window.

"Speaking of, how are you and Steve-O?" Axl asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Good, he's just sick a lot." Duff smiles. "We can't wait for little Mae to be born. For a three year old, Grace is so excited."

"You named it already? How do you know it's even a girl?"

"I just know." He shrugged smugly. "And I may have eavesdropped while we were at the hospital."

Axl just shook his head with a hearty laugh.

———

When he parked his car in the driveway, Axl sighed, resting his head against the back of his seat.

He didn't know how he was gonna break the news to Saul that his boss was screwing him over. He'd told the man that everything had been fine at work.

"Fuck." Axl groaned.

He sighed before grabbing his work bag from the backseat and reluctantly leaving the inviting warmth of his car. Shutting the door and locking it, Axl took in a moment to look over the snow piling up on the sidewalks and the unforgiving wind that whipped harshly around him, making the hairs on the back of his neck stand.

Majority of the houses in the neighborhood were decorated, including theirs — which Axl would have been more stupefied by is his fingers weren't frozen fingers and his nose washed running.

Saul had continuously begged, since October, for Axl to decorate this year since he was pregnant and couldn't climb the stairs without taking one at a time.

Being pregnant drove Saul crazy, but Axl just thought he was adorable and would happily continue getting Saul pregnant.

Axl found himself frowning as he neared the front door of his house. He retrieved his keys from his coat pocket and unlocked the door, quietly entering the house and closing the door behind him.