Eight

I hardly slept last night out of fear of someone breaking in and hurting Mona again. She was sound asleep in my arms. I can't believe she and I are parents now. It's bizarre how the universe times things. Mona rolled so she was laying on her left side and draped an arm over my abdomen. I cautiously pulled her up so she was resting on my torso. "I'm here, sweet baby. I'm not going anywhere." I sleepily whisper before kissing her forehead. Her breathtaking winter icy blue eyes opened just to enough that she was squinting. "You're my hero, Josh." She mumbled sleepily. I half-smiled before kissing her head "I'm glad that I am, princess." Mona sighed, "I'm thinking about moving out of this house. I don't want to stay here out of fear of getting hurt again. And the trauma tied to this place." She shakily said, choking up. "Mona, I understand. I wouldn't want you to stay in this house. I wouldn't want you to live in the very house where a bad incident occurred. I wouldn't want to risk your and our baby's safety by staying here. I wouldn't want to keep you worried about staying here." I assured her as I passionately gazed into her eyes. We started house searching and found a few places. We're able to live somewhere that's more expensive since we're able to afford it. I'm not with her for her wealth. I'm not with her for materialism. I've grown to fall madly in love with such a gorgeous and magnificent human being. I was in love with her at first sight. Mona and I scheduled two house showings. "Might as well start to get packed up." Mona yawned and rubbed her eyes before whimpering "Ow!" About the gashes on her abdomen. "Shh, shh baby, take it easy. If you don't want to pack, relax and rest. If you want to pack, don't overdo it." I cooed as I helped her sit up. She nodded and yawned once more. Ramona sat on the edge of the bed as I kneeled in front of her and holding her hands. "You are the bravest, most courageous woman and person I've ever known. You are so strong Ramona. You're going to be a wonderful mother," I whisper softly with passion. Mona smiled down at me as she rubbed her belly with one hand and caressing my left cheek with her free hand, "We're in this together. Whatever happens to us we will power thru together. I always got your back. I will always keep you safe. I will always defend and protect you and our baby. I will keep you two out of harm's way. I love the little family we're becoming." I say softly before kissing her hand. We did some packing before we got ready for the showing. The exterior of the house we're first looking into is bright white and has Spanish-style roofing. There's massive windows upstairs. The windows in the living room are floor-to-ceiling. We went inside with the agent who showed us around. Marble flooring downstairs and the two staircases that lead upstairs. The living room has two steps leading to a pit where the furniture would go. There's two decent sized gardens right up against the windows in the living room. The kitchen has shiny black flooring, marble countertops, black cabinetry, a crystal chandelier in the dining room, a big island that has the stove. The oven isn't on the ground so we don't need to crouch. There's a huge fridge too which Mona and I got excited about. Leading outside from French doors in the dining room goes to a big deck with a grill. Down some steps there's a pool and a huge flower garden and a fire pit. Downstairs there's a recording studio room, an indoor pool, a gymnastics/gym room, a room with bar games (darts, pool, etc), a theatre, a couple other rooms that would be used as Mona's art studio and a playroom for our baby. There's also a master guest bedroom downstairs. Going up the left staircase and going to the left upstairs leads to a living room that has floor-to-ceiling windows with sheer curtains, another pit-style living room. There's even a kitchenette! The view was absolutely stunning with the ocean and mountains. We were shown the bedrooms and an arcade room. The bedroom Mona and I would choose has a big walk-in closet. There's a jacuzzi in the bedroom. The bathroom is really big. There's a tub that has a control panel which controls water temp, lights in the tub and in the actual bathroom, aromas and even music! The walk-in shower has the same control panel. There are doors that lead outside of the room to the balcony that has a hot tub. We were shown more of the upstairs: more bedrooms and an arcade. Pretty badass.
Mona's and my credit were checked and we got approved so we signed for the new place. The agent even offered free moving services since Mona's injured. We obviously accepted. I texted Tyler, Matthieu, Isaac, and Matt asking for some help with moving. My band met up with Mona and I when we got back home.
"Who's this pretty girl?" Matthieu asks like a horny school boy. "This is my beautiful girlfriend, Ramona. Tyler already knows her." I proudly introduce my girl. I introduced Mona to the rest of my band. "So where you moving to? And why? Y'all have a nice ass place." Isaac asks. "A serial rapist broke in and...hurt me. Josh came home after the practise y'all had as it happened." Mona sadly confided. Their eyes widened. "My god are you two okay? That's fucking crazy." Matt asks me and Mona. "I'm still a little shaken up though I'm okay." I answer. "I've some injuries and I'm a bit fucked up from it." Mona replies sadly. "Although we do have some news." She says with contentness as she looks at me and smiles. "We're having a baby. I got Mona pregnant." I say excitedly. "Holy shit dude! Congrats! How far in?" Tyler says in shock. "About a month." Mona replies warmly. "I wish you two the best." Matt tells us in awe. Mona and I thanked the guys for their support and help. The movers came and started packing and loading up. The guys helped too. Our goal is to be completely done packing and loaded up within the next two days.