Thirty Seven

Samara and I have been married now for four months and it's been wonderful. Although the past two I've been on tour and it absolutely fucking sucks. Luckily, and hopefully, tonight we get back to Chicago. I have missed my wife and our soon-to-be child. Samara is about six months in. Sadly Ara and I haven't been able to talk much due to my tour. Although every morning and night we do our best to send each other "good morning/good night/I love you and miss you" texts. The support and encouragement she gave thru text really helped me thru the tour burn out.

It's about 4 in the morning and just getting home from tour. Being as fatigued I am, excitement is consuming me and consumes me more and more with each step closer to our bedroom. Through the cracks of the curtain the faint streetlights outlined a sleeping goddess. I stood in the doorway feeling the weight of the universe suddenly get yanked off my shoulders with simply seeing her sleeping silhouette. All my worries wash away when I'm with her. Cautiously approaching her, I delicately ran my fingers thru her hair and very sleepily whispered with relief "I'm back babygirl." With the help of the light peeking in I saw Samara's closed eyes slowly and barely opened to a sleepy squint. "Lay down with me, Ry baby. I would sit up to hug you though our demon spawn is killing my back," Ara muttered laughing slightly at the end, trailing off sleepily as she struggled to stay awake, "And I missed your presence and love, Ryan." She began to kinda choke up. Tears welled in my practically asleep eyes as I got into bed and pulled her as close to me as possible given the baby bump. Dozing off and playing with her hair, I sleepily muttered "You're alright Samara. No need to move. Plus, all I wanna do right now is fall asleep with you in an overnight hug," then softly finishing with "All I want is you in my arms like this forever." I could feel the smallest smile come from her ss she was more than likely asleep and I'm over here simpin' over her. I find it funny when she does this; another one of her many cute quirks. We both were out cold in the deepest most peaceful sleep in months.