XVIII

Jisung was glad to get out of the cold, but he was slightly upset to have to let go of Minho's hand. He tried not to let it show, but he was pretty sure Minho could feel the disappointment traveling through him as he opened the door to the new cafe, the one that the older wouldn't stop raving about on their walk here.

However, all the disappointment washed away as soon as Jisung stepped through the doors and looked around the cozy cafe. It was warm, and the walls were painted a burnt orange color. The furniture was all made from a dark oak, and potted plants of all typed were decorating the corners. Paintings of flowers and nature were spread out on the wall. It was beautiful.

The room smelled of coffee, cold, and flowers and Jisung loved it.

"Pick any booth you want, I'll go order." Minho gave an unusual shy smile to Jisung, then turned to walk up to the counter while the younger sat down and fiddled with his hoodie strings. In about 2 minutes 35 seconds- not that Jisung was counting- Minho came back with his dark, bitter coffee and a sweet caramel macchiato for Jisung.

The smells of their two coffees mixed perfectly and Jisung loved it.

He glanced at Minho, humming a soft thanks as the boy slid into the booth next to him.

Minho was just a little too close, and Jisung loved it.

As the younger reached for his cup to give it a taste, He noticed the name on the side of the cup Minho had decided to give him, and it looked too peculiar and just a bit too long to say "Jisung" or "Minho."

It looked peculiar because it had neither Jisung's nor Minho's name written on it. Instead, it said, "Be My Boyfriend?"

Jisung could not comprehend this

"That's still not my na-"

Jisung read it again

"Wait, what?"

Jisung's heart was beating too fast to say anything else, but he loved it.

Jisung glanced at the boy, who was still looking shy. At least he knew why now.

Jisung still doesn't know how or why he decided to do this, but he did.

Jisung stood up as if in a trance, grabbed the cup labeled "Minho," walked to the counter slowly, and asked to borrow a pen. The girl was looking strangely at him, but he didn't really care, he couldn't really care. He crossed out Minho's name, and wrote something much more fitting.

Jisung padded back to the table and to a very nervous looking Minho. He silently handed him his cup back and sat right back down in his seat, waiting.

Minho read it, looked at Jisung, and grabbed his hand once again. It was warm, and Jisung loved it.

Minutes passed in a comfortable silence. Neither boy had the strength to let go of the other's hand, so they sat there, fingers intertwined, cuddled in the corner of a wooden booth, with the winter sunset peeking through the windows.

Minho let go of the younger's hand for but one second, to let him take a drink of his caramel macchiato, and to take a sip of his own dark coffee labeled "Jisung's boyfriend."

Minho then slipped his hand back into Jisung's. It was warm and slightly chapped, and Jisung loved it.

Jisung placed his head on the flat of his boyfriend's hair and closed his eyes.

He was in his new favorite place with his favorite person, and Jisung loved it.

Jisung loved him.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N- this is the end! I hope everyone that read it enjoyed my first story. I really enjoyed writing this, even though I know it wasn't the best. I'll be writing more interesting stories in the future, and I'll try to keep improving my writing. I love you all, and thank you for reading! 💞💞