VI

"Could I have an iced mocha coffee please? And... your number?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's quiet for a few moments, Jisung gazing at him nervously, fussing with the corner of his shirt and watching the way his fringe falls over his face, the rest of his hair tucked under a beanie, the way he gently bites his bottom lip, the way his shirt has slipped a little to reveal his collarbones.

At first, Jisung is scared that he will be laughed at, or perhaps kicked out of the shop for being a creep. But instead of telling Jisung to go to hell, the boy just looks over him and replies in quite the shocking way.

"You can have it if you'll have your coffee with me on my break."

He peels his eyes off Jisung for a moment to glance at the ticking clock in the corner of the shop, and finishes what he was saying.

"Which is in about... five minutes."

"I- yeah, I mean yes, I'd really-"

Han Jisung stop acting like an idiot and speak normally.

He gulps and tries again.
"Five minutes? That sounds great to...to me."
He didn't jumble up all his words or throw up on the boy, but he can't stop himself from smiling like an absolute idiot, so overjoyed that he wasn't rejected that it looks like the sun is radiating from his entire being.

He slowly turns, still giddily smiling, and starts to walk toward an empty table.

"Wait!"
Jisung abruptly turns back around, scared that the boy had changed his mind or will say that it was just a joke.
"What's the name for the order?"

Jisung you idiot.
He mentally slaps himself.
How could you forget that?

"Han," he enunciates slowly, "Jisung."

The boy gives a sharp, confirming nod and turns toward the coffee machines as Jisung starts to walk away slowly again, still with that nervous, fluttering excitement in his stomach.