VIII

It was late evening the next day when Hyunjin finally confronted him, quietly padding into the living room, where Jisung was sitting.

       "Jisung"

      "...Yes?"

     "We have to talk."

     It was no surprise that Hyunjin wanted and explanation for the scene in the cafe yesterday, and at least he had left Jisung alone for the rest of the night, but the younger was still extremely unprepared for any of this.

"I..."

Jisung trailed off awkwardly, not wanting to say anything, wanting to just forget that this ever happened. Unfortunately, Hyunjin was annoyingly persistent and Jisung knew that avoiding the topic was an impossible task.

     Finally, after gazing at Jisung for what seemed like an eternity, Hyunjin spoke.

   "Come on, let's go for a walk and talk."

      They silently slipped on their shoes and jackets, and headed out of their cozy dorm with no other words.

       In the end, they decided to walk along one of the bridges by campus, the autumn chill ripping through Jisung's jacket and tearing away any heat he had left .
Few travel the bridge by foot during this time of night, though a couple cars pass by, their headlights blinding as they race by.
Street lights illuminate the path before them, and they walk slowly, not in any particular rush, as they has nowhere to be and nothing to do.
In the end, Hyunjin leans against the railing of the bridge, gazing out at the water below before turning to Jisung.

     "You really need to explain what happened."

And so Jisung finally dives into the long story, from how he met Minho, up until yesterday's occurrences. He spills out every little detail to Hyunjin, because he's fucking tired of pretending to be someone he's not, tired of lying to his best friend, and just tired of the entire situation.

     "So...you're gay?"

Jisung had been dreading this question, even though he knew Hyunjin was bound to ask it. But he was tired of keeping so many secrets, and honestly, Hyunjin probably wouldn't believe him if he denied it now.

This is Hwang Hyunjin. He's your best friend, he'll accept you. Just fucking say yes!

And so Jisung took a deep breath, and quietly responded.

"I'm gay as fuck, hyung."

  "...Twinsies..?"

Jisung snapped his head to Hyunjin's sheepish face.

   "I really don't know how you haven't figured it out by now," he paused and looked around, "But I'm extremely gay."

    He chuckled at Jisung's shocked face.

     "Maybe if you didn't have your head in your books all the time, you would have noticed."

   "But that's old news, Jisungie." Hyunjin was now grinning cheekily, "tell me, has that boy...Minho? Has he asked you out yet?"

"Hyung!"

"What? It's obvious that he thinks you're cute!"

Jisung turned to hide the blush he got at the thought of Minho asking him on a real date; Minho holding his hand; Minho leaning closer to him, eyes focused on his lips; Minho...

"Jisung!"

"Huh?"

"Hopeless...I saw that. You were just gay-dreaming about Minho!"

"Was not."

"...Was too."

They continued on like that, sharing in light-hearted joking all the way back to their dorm.

    When they finally returned, they were out of breath from laughing, frozen to the bone, and felt like closer friends than everything.

Jisung nestled gently into his warm bed, satisfied about how the talk, that he was once dreading, had went.

The only thing that could have made today better, is if I had gotten to see Minho.

Those were his last coherent thoughts before he fell softly into his dreams.

A/N:  A much longer chapter than usual, but I was in a writing mood today 😅 I really hope you guys are enjoying the story 💞✨