IX

The bells hung around the handle jingle as Jisung pushes the door open, yet again, stepping into the cafe and breathing in the aroma of black coffee and sugary icing. The interior is well-lit and warm, a blessing after walking from the shelter in the biting autumn, soon-to-be-winter air, and it seems everyone had the same desire to get out of the cold, judging by the long line of customers snaking in front of the register. Jisung can see two other workers, Felix and Seungmin, busying themselves with taking orders and preparing drinks, and he decides not to bother them just yet, instead looking around the cafe hopefully, until his eyes land on a familiar face.

           "Minho!"

         At the mention of his name, Minho glances around the cafe until he spots Jisung. The corners of his mouth turn upward as he gestures for Jisung to join him.

       Jisung slowly makes his way over to Minho's table, his heart pounding out of his control the entire way.

      As he reaches the booth, he slides off his jacket and plops down onto the soft, comforting leather seat, across from Minho, who is currently starring at Jisung.

"You look cute in that sweater."

Jisung felt his cheeks turn a dusty pink color as Minho says that. He hadn't put on anything special, just some jeans and a casual sweater, as the weather was quickly turning colder, but apparently Minho liked it. He found it cute, even.

    "Th...thanks," Jisung responded, looking over at Minho, who looked stunning as always, despite being in the cafe uniform.

"Do you have a shift soon?"

As Jisung asked that, Minho's eyes drifted worriedly down to his watch.

"Fuck! I have to work now." He stood up and angled his body toward Jisung.

"Are you...free this evening?"

      Jisung just gaped at Minho, too surprised to do anything else. He watched Minho's smile deflate with every second that he didn't answer,
So he pulled himself together quickly and responded.

        "Yeah...I mean, of course...wait, yes!"

        Minho chuckled at the flustered boy's response, regaining his smile as he said,

       "Meet me at the movie theater at 7?"

        Jisung didn't want a repeat of last time, and his stuttered, embarrassing answer, so he simply nodded his head, feeling his ears turn pink and his stomach doing cartwheels.