"What are you doing?" I sniffle the words through my sobs.

Xavier stops in front of his car, pushing me against the passenger door.

"Who the fuck is he?" Xavier's voice drips in anger.

I look down.

"No one."

"Lia."

I close my eyes and breathe, trying to control my emotions especially the tears. I don't want to cry anymore. I don't want Colton to win. Xavier breathes heavily.

"Did he do anything to you?" Xavier's anger softens to a gentle hum, concern lining his features.

I look into his eyes, losing myself in that stormy ocean. I shake my head with a sniffle. Xavier looks conflicted but doesn't speak. Though, he cuts a murderous glare towards Colton who is watching us in irritation.

"I'm taking you to Bloo," Xavier announces coolly, "He's being a little bitch."

I stare at him in contemplation, confusion yet appreciation. I want to get away from Colton and Xavier is fulfilling my wish. Somehow, looking into my saddened eyes and pained sobs, Xavier knows.

But, the words he said to me after I asked him why he kissed me, those harsh words tore through my heart, flash by. Xavier knew how much that kiss meant to me, everything in me sparked with higher joy when he kissed me. Everything that kiss created between us, fizzled out because of his heartless words.

"I'm not going anywhere with you." I quietly say, tugging my wrist from his hold.

Xavier's eyes switch with something mellow, the gray-green specks flicker with guilt, but mischief quickly fades in.

"Not even for the little abandoned puppy you found, the puppy who loves you, the small little helpless pup—"

"Okay, I'll go."

Damn.

I'm soft for that puppy.

Xavier's smirk displays that heart-stopping dimple that I just freak out for.

Opening the passenger door, I climb in.

I want to scream out my frustrations about Colton. I want to escape the confusion and pain. I want to scream. I want to scream at someone and let them listen. I'm so exhausted to even remember the harsh memories that Colton helped create.

After graduating high school I was beyond relieved to be getting away from him. Obviously, he got a football scholarship at an Ivy League school, so he was going far, far away. I was ready to forget and bury all the darkness in the past, ready to create a new beginning and happier memories.

Colton has come back into my life and for what? To confess that all along, he's had feelings for me? I'm so baffled, it's actually funny.

"Why are you crying?"

Xavier's voice derails my train of frustrated thoughts.

We haven't moved from the parking lot of Nature Berry, I peek a glance over at the entrance and yeah, Colton is still standing there. A mixture of unreadable emotions running across his pretty face.

I gulp, wiping away the last of the tears. I don't want to cry anymore because of a guy that made my life miserable. He doesn't deserve my tears, nor my hurt. I learned to forget after he was gone from life. I had my best friends, I had my family, I had everything I needed to forget every dark moment of my life.

"It's stupid." I mumble out, my voice too quiet.

"Crying?" Xavier lightheartedly speaks, "Nah, I think crying is cool."