Chapter Eighteen

"Close your eyes." Risotto ordered, "if I can help it, I don't want to knock you out." You closed them, wandering mindlessly forward as you felt his hand loosely envelop yours. "It won't be long."

- - -

You heard a door click open as his hand fell from yours, signally you could open your eyes.

"So what do we have to do?" You chirped, Risotto carefully looking around.

"Not much just-" You heard a voice calling for Risotto, a face soon matching it as you were smothered in what you couldn't differ from a hug or a pounce.

"Ris! You brought my toy back~" Your eyes were blinded by purple hair and you recalled who was smothering you.

"They're not your toy." Risotto growled behind you as Melone carried you down the hall to a main room.

"Ghi, I caught something!" Melone cooed as he set you down, coughing as you regained your breath.

"Y/n?" You turned to face Pesci huddled on the couch. "Why are you back?"

"I'm here with Risotto." You replied, smiling at the nervous boy.

"Formaggio! Illuso!" Melone hollered as he leaned his elbow on your shoulder. You jolted at his sudden excitement when everyone piled into the room, Risotto setting his hand down on your other shoulder and tugging you away.

"I don't recall bringing them here for your entertainment Melone. Just let us finish business and you can go home." He turned to you as he finished, Melone quickly hugging you to him.

"Risottooooo, y/n just got here. Let them rest." He whined as Risotto sighed.

"Fine. It's up to y/n." You agreed to stay as Risotto disappeared down the hall.

- - -

It baffled you how and why you were deeply focused in a game of twister with gangsters, though you noticed Risotto was missing. Prosciutto had somehow gotten roped into spewing out the directions.

"Right foot, blue." You snaked your foot to a spot right before Ghiaccio could, causing him to fume and fumble over trying to find another place. He knocked Illuso down with him and they disentangled themselves furiously.

"Left hand, yellow."

It was a catastrophe, limbs flailing everywhere as you battled to remain balance. You noticed Pesci descending, his foot barely knocking into your wobbly arm and sending you crashing onto the ground.

You attempted to disentangle yourself from the three others as Risotto walked in. "..again?" His eyes fell on you, the bottom half of you sandwiched between Melone and Pesci as you attempted to struggle out.

"Again?" You repeated, realizing this must be a normal occurrence here, shockingly to you. You couldn't help but wish to indulge in this goofball side of your past kidnappers.

"Mhm." Risotto muttered and disappeared back down the hall as you slipped after him. You stuck your hand out to stop his office door and filed in, Risotto already sat at his desk. "Is something the matter?"

"You seem stressed." You whistled, plopping down on the floor in front of his desk, his chair being the only one in the practically vacant room.

"Why aren't you messing around with those imbeciles?" He inquired instead, eyeing you easily with his vertically blessed attributes.

"We finished the game, I reckon I won." You beamed at him.

"Keep thinking that." He remarked as he started on some miscellaneous paperwork from his cramped desk.

"What? I fell last!" You quickly shot back.

"Point is; you still fell." He smirked a bit, scribbling something down on a random paper.

"..I thought being a gangster would be more enthralling." You slyly smiled as Risotto tossed an ink filled paper in your content face and lowly sighed.

"You wanna come on the next mission or something, eh?" You were taken aback, quickly jumping on the offer before he could hoodwink you. "Well if you are that eager, we have a rather domestic contract tomorrow. I'll either get you myself or send one of those hooligans to retrieve you at say, 1 pm?"

"Ok-" Your phone rung sharply, the standard, shrill ring emitting from it as you picked up. "Hey mom, what's up?"

"Where are you? It's 4:30." You mentally cursed yourself out for your lack of keeping track of time.

"I'm still at the store, about to head home." You motioned to Risotto as he quickly rose, leading you out of the room. "See you in a bit, love you." You clicked your phone off, Risotto urging multiple bags into your hands.

"Oh! Where's y/n going?" You heard Formaggio and Melone whine in sync.

"Home." Risotto shot back and slid outside with you.

- - -

It didn't take long for Risotto to drop you off near your house, "Sorry I can't let you out closer."

"I understand," you reassured him and waved him off.

- - -

Your head collided with your pillow, the silky cover enveloping your head as you sunk in. You eyelids grew infinitely heavier as you curled the f/c blanket around your shoulders.

- - -

"Y/n! Y/n, really, get up." You hear an annoyed groan, matched with a harsh shake of your shoulder.

"Huh?" You roll over, your h/c hair drifting over your eyes are you notice Prosciutto staring stably down at you. "Prosciutto? Wait- how did you get in?"

"Never mind that, we need to get going." He dropped a set of clothes, your clothes, in your arms as you sat up. "Get out your own undergarments." With that, he stepped out of the room.

You quickly changed into the simple, yet elegant white button up and plain pants. You remarked how his fashion sense was tasteful and met him outside. "Come on, we're off schedule but Risotto ordered I come get you."

"Oh, well uh, thank you Prosciutto." He glanced down before escorting you out.

┊┊┊┊
┊┊┊☆
┊┊┊
┊┊☆
┊┊
┊┊
┊☆

Ch 19 Preview
[coming soon]

Heart Strings (Passione x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara