Chapter Seven

With disappointment, you stuffed your failed math test under your arm and set off for your locker, aka the locker next to a nosy Fugo. "What's that?" Fugo questioned, eyeing the crinkled paper as he leaned against his locker.

"Recycling." You huffed, scheming a way to stuff it in your locker that was free of embarrassment. Fugo shrugged, giving you an opportunity to shove it deep into your bag, but that of course was stopped as soon as he snaked his arm in and revealed the fat 'D-' on the test. "Please don't laugh." You whispered, shrugging your navy hoodie farther around you.

"I could tutor you, if you want." He simply responded, handing you back your now smoothed down test with a smile.

"Wait, r-really?" Your e/c irises brightened as you innocently shoved the test far beneath a pile of assorted clothes that you for some reason hadn't taken home.

"I didn't stutter, tomorrow after school?" You nodded, thanking him as the bell resounded down the hallway.

"Shit, bye Fugo!" You hollered, taking off down the hall and knocking immediately into a familiar salmon haired girl as Fugo shouted a delayed warning to stop running in the halls. "T-Trish, I'm sorry." You fumbled over your words, hurrying to sort the mixture of you two's belongings with an embarrassed flush to your s/c face.

"No worries." She beamed, releasing the stress of her binders off you as she plopped them back in her arms, offering her hand to you as she rose.

You gladly took it, enveloping your hand in her own slim one as she lifted you from the dusty hallway ground. "Uh Trish?"You began, ignoring the heat dancing along your cheeks.

"Hm?" She hummed, looking down at your hand, which she still hadn't released.

"We're gonna be late for class."

- - -

After minor scolding and the remainder of fourth period, the sweet release of...lunch was upon you.

You had finally succeeded in finding your way to the table with your tray of food intact until Mista's hand descended onto your shoulder out of nowhere, your pizza slice soaring through the air and depressingly to the sticky ground with a jolt of surprise. "Oops- I'll share." Mista winced, shooting you a quick guilty smile. "I just wanted to check up on you, make sure you're okay." He continued, casually strolling along beside you.

"I should be asking you that, are you okay?" You interjected, balancing your lunch tray on your arm as you slid out a couple of cheap chairs, the lunch table being empty for once.

"Don't worry, I heal fast." Mista grinned, sliding his tray onto the table as he settled down next to you, the distinguished group slowly arriving at the table.

- - -

Mista tore his greasy pizza slice in half and set it lightly onto your plate with a smile. It was refreshingly strange when it didn't come with any conditions, so you dug in.

"Y/n, why are you sharing with Mista?" Giorno questioned from your left out of curiosity, before you could answer Mista cut in.

"I'm y/n's boyfriend, it's part of my job to make sure [pronouns] is well fed." He smirked, slinging his arm around you as all the eyes on the table shot over.

At this point, I think nearly choking on food while your face is as red as tomato is a given for you reader. (Sorry to break the fourth wall, back to the story.)

Coughing on your mediocre cheese pizza, you spun to face Mista, his arm still draped over your shoulder as he winked at you. "W-"

"And when did this happen?" Bucciarati cooed, eyeing your protectively. "If you so much as make y/n frown, I will see to it-"

"WHEN DID YOU TWO- Y/N WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!" Narancia hollered from beside Bucciarati, his chair flying back as he pushed himself up in a hurry.

"Nara he's l-" You began, Mista immediately clasping his hand over your mouth and shooting the others a smile.

"Well, I better walk her to class." He chimed, interlocking your hands and pulling you away as you shot a worried look at Trish.

- - -

Hastily, you followed Mista as he weaved through the crowd of high schoolers in the lunchroom. "What was that about?" You demanded, a light rosy tint still coloring over your features.

"Y/n, I'm not as dumb as I look." He half smiled, stopping at your locker so you could get your binders for next hour. "I just wanted you to see their reactions, shame we didn't get all of them." He frowned a bit, leaning against Fugo's locker with a sigh.

"What do you mean?" You urged, closing your locker softly.

"I think you can figure it out for yourself." He started down the hallway, "plus cliche dates will be fun, if you're up to it." He winked over his shoulder, sending a deeper shade of crimson over your face as you caught up to him, the bell ringing through the halls.

- - -

Your friends hadn't found their way over to you to bombard you with questions of Mista's lies, and it was disappointing when you were halfway home with no sign of Narancia.

Just as you took the last bend, a familiar black haired boy leaped onto your back without warning. Despite your shock, you caught him and hauled him up to a more comfortable position. "Narancia?" You chuckled, continuing to your house.

"Sorry I'm late, Fugo needed me for a bit." His hands connected elevated from your chest as he spoke, "I heard you're having Fugo tutor you." Mentally facepalming, you restrained yourself from responding in embarrassment. "Be careful, he's a bit hot headed." He warned, his chin digging into your h/c hair.

"I don't believe you." You giggled, Fugo had been nothing but kind and calm and Narancia was definitely trying to scare you.

"Your loss. Oh and y/n?" Narancia piped up as you turned onto your cement driveway.

"Hm?" You hummed, bending down so he could hop off.

"Are you..really dating Mista?" You heard Narancia's voice crack behind you as your face lightly flushed.

"N-no! He was just...messing around?" It came out as more of a question as you recalled his earlier words, what did he mean by getting their reactions?

"O-okay, I'll see you tomorrow y/n!" Narancia called, beginning to trot away as you wrapped your arms around him, pulling him into a tight hug.

"See you." You beamed, heading into the house with one last wave.

┊┊┊┊
┊┊┊☆
┊┊┊
┊┊☆
┊┊
┊┊
┊☆

Ch 8 Preview

"Okay y/n there's only one reasonable explanation as to why you're not answering.." A long drawn out sigh followed, worrying both you and Fugo as he listened intently. "DID YOU USE PROTECTION?!"

A/N
I don't leave a lot of a/n's but I'm extremely grateful for any readers who happened upon my 4 am story. I have the next couple chapters ready to go, so should I wait the 3-5 days per chapter or would a chapter everyday until I run out be good?