Fugo Ending-Family Party

You found yourself roped into a family party, with Fugo, at his house. Here you were, awkwardly slouching in your school clothes in front of dozens of pleasantly dressed up rich adults with your bag slung across your shoulder. "Fugo, shall we go to your room for tutoring." You hissed as he quickly led you away before too many people could spot you.

"I can sneak you out a window? The doors will probably be surrounded." He winced, "I'm sorry, I thought this was happening later."

You waved him off, "can I just borrow some nice clothes." (It's up to you whether you wear dress pants and shirt/tux/dress) He nodded leading you to his room (or his parents for the dress) and scrambling around in his closet for something your size.

He handed you the garments and stepped outside the room so you could hurriedly change, as you soon did the same for him before joining the commotion. "By the way, you look really good." Fugo whispered in your ear as you fell into the main group, latching onto his arm as you got pushed around until a couple stopped you; his parents.

"Son, so glad to see you brought the one you've talked so much about. Why don't you introduce them to the other guests? Don't want them thinking you're making up your partner now would we." You teetered back and forth as Fugo finished his discussion with them and turned to you with an apologetic face.

"I'm sorry, they were really pressing the matter and I didn't wanna be forced with some random person I've never met so I told a little white lie, can you just go with it for a couple hours?" You nodded, the worry in his eyes convincing you as you thread your arm in his and searched for snacks.

"..You know you look handsome." You coughed out as he led you over to an elderly couple. He smiled to himself, a small blush creeping up on his features as he thanked you.

"Hello Grandma, Grandpa." He grinned, half hugging them as you smiled from beside him, reaching out your hand. "This is y/n, my partner I'm sure you've heard so much about them from father and mother."

"It's great to finally meet you! That boy is crazy about you dear." You felt him stiffen as your cheeks flushed scarlet.

"Nice meeting both of you, and I assure you I'm crazy about that boy too." She giggled, whispering to Fugo as you walked away though you still caught what she said.

"They're a keeper."

- - -

You were headed to the snacks when a teenage boy, appearing slightly older dashed in front of you two, smirking at the both of you. "H-hey!" You jumped, a bit jumpy as you shook his hand; him immediately flipping and bringing it up to his lips.

"Great to you meet you bellissimo, I'm Fugo's cousin Luca."

"Likewise, I'm y/n." You smiled, awkwardly pulling your hand back to your side as Fugo snatched it, squeezing it harshly. "Fugo, that hurts." You whispered through gritted teeth as his grip loosened.

"As I'm sure you heard, this is my partner." He glared, this time it was you who was giving his hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Hmm, surprised my little cousin could get such a stunning catch. Sure he didn't bribe you?" He winked, "you could always come with me." He offered his hand, Fugo smacking it down before you could make a move.

"We need to take our leave, I'm afraid we're too busy to converse with the likes of you." Luca chuckled, twirling Fugo's hair jokingly as he edged him away from you, grabbing your hand instead. You could nearly visibly see Fugo fuming as you got tugged along, his grip secure.

You jumped back as Fugo's hand collided with Luca's cheek, a stark red mark left on his cheek as you tried to check up on him, Fugo snaking his fingers in yours. "Are you ok-"

"Come on." Fugo ordered, his hand clenched against yours.

"Hey, it's okay you know, you didn't have to do that." You softly spoke, hoping to calm him.

"It's not okay, seeing you walk off with another man. How is that okay?" He venomously spat. You attempted to stroke your thumb over his finger as his grip finally calmed.

"Because nothing would've happened, I came here with you, accidentally," you coughed with a sly smile. "Besides that, I'm not leaving with some dude I just met, I care about you." He eyed you, a pleasant smile on his face as he quietly nodded.

- - -

The rest of the afternoon passed with endless greetings, though you got accustomed to being Fugo's partner and it was a disappointing finish to the night as you peeled off the fancy clothes for your school clothes; now a mere friend to Fugo again.

You were halfway home, the only conversation was Fugo's apologies at the beginning that you brushed off. "..Fugo, remember how I said I'm crazy about you?"

"Hm, yeah you didn't have to play it up, they're gonna insist to see you again now." He chuckled from beside you, discouraging you.

"Well, maybe I'd want that." He eyed you, steadying you as you tripped on an elevated crack in the sidewalk, both of you ending up laughing.

"To see my grandparents again?"

"They're nice people so I wouldn't decline, but that wasn't where I meant to go with this conversation." You both turned into your road, your anxiety levels raising as you tried to finish up quickly. "I was saying I wasn't lying to them, I wasn't 'playing anything up.'" He paused, walking silently for a minute. "I mean it Fugo, I figured out my feelings." You confirmed, hoping to get a reply.

"Promise?"

"Promise." You held back your excitement as he intertwined your fingers, him dying to genuinely kiss you as you arrived home. "See you tomorrow?"

He nodded, giving you a loving peck as he disappeared back down the sidewalk; he'd wait before trying anything like he had previously.