Chapter Twenty Eight

"What happened in there? I explained the game to him!" Pesci rushed to you worriedly as you left Ghiaccio's room.

"He wanted to mess with me," you laughed it off as Pesci nodded.

"I'm sorry y/n, Risotto needs me to do something for him today so I can't stay, I'm sure he can give you a ride when you need."
You smiled reassuringly and gave him a quick hug.

"Be safe, please."

You strolled around the house, checking Risotto's office and the other rooms for him, but found no one. You popped your head in Ghiaccio's room.

Looking up he gave a quick nod, "what do you need?"

"Do you know where everyone is?"

He shook his head, "I'm sure they'll be back soon, is something the matter?"

You shook your head and ducked out, lounging on the couch. Unsure about what Ghiaccio was talking about, you preferred to dodge it for now. You felt yourself dozing off, occasionally snapping your head up.

You were shaken awake, Prosciutto eyeing you. You had hardly spoken since Melone's game besides at the lake. You gingerly smiled at him as you sat up, Prosciutto filling the space you left. "Sorry to wake you, why are you here alone?"

"Mhm it's okay, Ghiaccio was in his room."

"I've checked, there's no one here."

"Oh? I was waiting for more of you to come home, he was there when I fell asleep." Prosciutto nodded and stood, motioning for you to follow. Exhausted, you trailed behind him.

He led you to his room, the few piles where Prosciutto had "cleaned" made it feel comfortably lived in. Prosciutto stood in the doorway, inviting you in. "It'd be much comfier to sleep here."

"Thank you," you genuinely smiled and he closed the door behind him, leaving you to rest.

You pulled the covers around you, Prosciutto's familiar yet unfamiliar scent overloading your senses. You shamelessly dug your face further into the covers before nodding off.

- - -

"Y/n's asleep in my room, but I'm sure they'll need a ride home when they wake," Prosciutto noted to Risotto as he walked in. He nodded quickly, disappearing down the hall.

He carefully opened the door, peering at you until fully stepping into the room, shutting the door behind him slowly.

You stirred only briefly before calming again, Risotto knelt beside you. He felt a twinge of jealousy at you buried in Prosciutto's covers, but pushed it away as he rested his hand on your cheek.

Risotto peacefully smiled at your sleeping form. He opted to leave, but couldn't resist waiting a few more minutes. Eventually, Risotto sat on the bed beside you. You mumbled something and shifted around in your sleep, Risotto chuckling lightly.

- - -

You awoke, your mind groggy with sleep. You noticed another weight on the bed, expecting Prosciutto to be wanting his bed back. You were surprised to find Risotto lightly sleeping, your hand enveloped in his.

Still groggy from sleep, you squeezed it and sat up to lean against him, drifting off again.

Risotto woke up soon after the commotion, freezing as he felt you against him. His shoulders relaxed slightly as he shut his eyes, unable to fall asleep.

- - -

You woke up for good, Risotto looking down at you as you stirred. "Morning," he whispered. Yawning, you stretched out. His hand slipped from around yours as he stood. You eyed him curiously as he cleared his throat, "I take it you were waiting to go home? I can take you now."