bang.

⚠️content warning⚠️
blood, gore

:june 14, 2019

     calum can't fucking breathe.

     the room is spinning and calum grips luke's arm in an attempt to not pass out and fall to the ground.

     "ashton?"

     ashton nods as he leans against the doorframe, arms crossed.

     luke feels a lump form in his throat as his face becomes hot.

     he's not going to cry.

     "where's michael?" luke looks up at ashton. he doesn't want to know the answer.

     "taken care of."

     luke knows what that means. he's said those same words countless times.

     "it's an- it was an anagram." luke sniffles as he fights back the tears that are threatening to pour from his eyes. "sasha notts, and wynn rynes. it's your name."

     ashton smiles. "i didn't think you'd be able to put it together, y'know, with the y's and all."

     calum refuses to look up from the ground. his entire world has caved in on itself and he feels as if he could implode at any moment.

     "how could you do this?" luke whispers.

     "simple," ashton states as he walks further into the room. "money."

     as ashton walks, luke turns to face him. "but that guy- when your- when your men took me. you killed him."

     ashton shrugs. "casualty of war. and for the record, that wasn't supposed to happen. they were all under strict orders to leave you both the fuck alone and they disobeyed. i didn't do anything different to him than i would've afterwards, anyway."

     "and the girl?" luke furrows his brows.

     "dealt with."

     "your eyebrow," luke sniffles. "it's bleeding. did michael put up a fight?"

     ashton laughs. "feisty little lover you have there, lu."

     "fuck you."

     "fuck you," seemed to be the only words running through michael's mind as he drove nearly 100 miles an hour in a stolen bmw down the freeway.

     that, and anger.

     lots and lots of anger.

     the events of the past hour played in michael's head as he silently prayed that he wouldn't get pulled over for speeding.

     "it's time to come out now, mikey. i've got places to be."

     "fuck you." michael swallows. "if you want to kill me you're going to have to bust this door down."