someone tell ashton to shut the hell up

trigger warning–assault, death, violence:

:june 3, 2019

     "ready to talk now?" the man smirks as he walks up to luke, his grip tight around michael's arm.

     luke chuckles. "your big bad way of getting me to talk, is him? seriously?"

     the man nods. "we knew you wouldn't just spill everything if we brought him in here, of course." he pulls a switchblade out of his pocket, and luke grows tense. "so let's have a fun little chat, shall we?"

     "he's not telling you shit." michael grumbles. "not even in any of the five hundred languages he speaks."

     luke smiles softly. "ja, und Sie kennen keines von ihnen; so für die Platte, Ihr arsch sieht wirklich gut."
[yeah, and you don't know any of them; so for the record, your ass looks really good.]

     michael laughs. "Sie haben die eine andere Sprache ausgewählt, die ich kenne, gute Arbeit."
[you picked the one other language i know, good job.]

     "alright, enough foreplay." the man grabs michael harshly and holds the switchblade up to his cheek. "here's the deal, luke. you tell me where hood and irwin are, or your fucktoy gets his face chopped up like the joker."

     "don't–" michael gasps as the man presses the switchblade against his cheek, and he feels blood leaking out of the cut. "don't tell him anything, luke."

     "fuck you." luke hisses. "leave him alone." he tugs at the ropes that keep his hands bound to the chair.

     the man laughs, and starts cutting into michael's cheek. michael screams out in pain, nearly dropping the the floor when the man stops him. "i guess it's safe to assume he doesn't care about you, huh?" the man smirks.

     "fuck you." luke shakes his head. "i care. when i get out of these ropes you're the first asshole i'm shooting."

     "you care? okay, so tell me where they are. you say you care, so that would mean you'd try to stop me from cutting up your fucktoy, right?" the man antagonizes luke as he drags the switchblade across michael's lips and to his other cheek.

     "do it." michael states. "we're not telling you shit."

     the man immediately begins to press the blade into michael's cheek. michael lets out another shriek of pain and luke tugs harder at the ropes on his wrists. "stop!" luke yells out. "stop, stop. i'll tell you where they are."

     "don't–"

     "calum's here, in denver." luke nods.

     "and ashton?"

     "turn around." the man whips around to see ashton standing with a gun to the man's head.

     "wait–" the man begins, but ashton pulling the trigger stops him abruptly. the gunshot rings through the building and the man falls to the ground.

ashton immediately picks up the discarded switchblade and cuts luke from the ropes. he sighs as luke runs to michael without a word in ashton's direction.

     "shit, hey." luke drops to his knees beside michael. "you're going to have the sickest scar. let's get out of here." luke carefully helps michael up from the ground, wrapping his arm around michael's frame. michael leans into luke's side, groaning as luke presses his right hand, covered by the sleeve of his jacket, against michael's cheek.

     "we need to get out of here." ashton mumbles as he looks around the room. "i didn't use a silencer so everyone in this warehouse probably heard that shot."

     "it's called a suppressor, dumbass." luke rolls his eyes. "don't be an idiot."

     "it's a silencer." ashton huffs.

     "are you two seriously having a cat fight about whether it's called a silencer or a suppressor?" the three boys turn to see calum walking into the room from a door on the left wall. "either way, ashton's right, we need to get out of here."

     ashton rolls his eyes as the four boys begin making their way out of the warehouse. they only have five minutes to get out before sasha's men open fire on them.

     the boys rush out one of the back exits, towards luke's car. halfway through the lot though, a parade of gunshots ring out from the roof. "shit! run!" luke calls out as he tightens his grip on michael's waist.

     "should've used the silencer!"

     "shut the fuck up, ashton."

     "both of you shut the hell up!" luke hisses as he tugs michael along with him. "i have a spare key by my back left tire. calum, please grab it for me."

     "i will if we don't all get murdered!" calum shouts as he rushes past luke and michael.

     "where are we all sitting?" ashton calls out to luke.

     "ashton, shut the fuck up." luke groans as he pulls open the passenger side door of his car. he brings the seat down and quickly ushers calum and ashton into the backseat. "calum, my key?"

     "i've got it. just start the car." calum replies.

     luke brings the seat back up and helps michael into the car. luke hurries around to the drivers side and jumps in. he starts the car, praying to whatever that the promise of zero to sixty in 3.5 seconds that came with his car upholds in their current escapade.

    "jesus, you weren't- you weren't joking about this car being fast." michael chuckles from the passenger seat. "ow. shit."

     "try not to talk, okay?" luke glances over. "it'll make it worse. i'll stitch you up as soon as we get away from here, just keep pressure on it."

     michael nods, and leans back in the seat, wincing as he presses his sleeve over the laceration on his cheek. he squeezes his eyes shut as luke drives, silently hoping that they weren't followed.

     the drive back to their hotel in denver is silence, even with ashton in the backseat. none of them want to talk about the fact that luke willingly gave up calum's location when michael was in danger, especially luke and michael. of course, luke did know that ashton was behind the man, so what did it matter? but yet, it mattered to michael.

     it matters way too much.