mike, mikey, michael clifford

⚠️content warning⚠️
mentions of r*pe:

:june 4, 2019

     luke and michael didn't speak to each other after their argument. this of course, was wonderful for ashton and calum because there was finally silence.

     the bliss ended, however, just under two days later in a hotel room in akron, ohio.

     "how long... [have they been] ...going at it?" ashton whines as he presses his pillow against his face.

     "i don't know," calum groans, burying his face in ashton's shoulder. "but i'm about to kill them."

     "why didn't we get separate rooms?"

     "i've been asking myself that for hours." calum huffs. he then throws the blankets off of his legs and jumps out of bed.

     "where are you goin'?" ashton mumbles into the pillows.

     "i want to go to sleep and they're too loud, i'm complaining." calum stomps out of the room, across the living area, and to michael and luke's door.

    calum bangs on the door as hard as he can. "either shut the fuck up, or get another room!"

     "fuck you!" michael's voice is muffled though the door as he and luke throw obscenities at calum.

     "i swear to god," calum rolls his eyes. "please just fuck it out or something, because this is exhausting."

     luke whips the door open and stares at calum, way too much rage and pain hiding behind his eyes. "you know what's exhausting? when people don't understand that i'm not a fucking idiot. isn't that right, mike?" he throws a glare at michael over his shoulder.

     "it's hard to believe that when you make ridiculous decisions, luke." michael fires back, placing his hands on his hips as he cocks his head to the side.

     calum goes to run his hands through his hair. he sighs as he realizes that he buzzed it all off. "okay, i don't care about this. please just fight quietly." he turns on his heels and retreats to his bedroom.

     luke slams the door shut and turns back to michael. "see? he doesn't care. he doesn't give a fuck, and neither should you." luke crosses his arms.

     "why the hell should i just not care about the fact that you're killing people?" michael throws his arms up in the air in frustration. "i mean fuck, luke, is it so bad that i take an issue with murder?"

     "no, it's actually completely fair that you're turned off by murder. it's a general consensus that murder is bad. my issue here, is that you think i'm a saint, and you're acting like you have any right to tell me what i can and can't do!" luke rants as he paces around the room. "i'm exhausted and i want to go to bed, so are we done here, michael?"

     and it isn't a big deal, but michael feels like luke pierced his heart with the way he said his name.

     luke never called michael by his full name. never, not even when they first met. it was always mike or mikey, and michael never expected luke to use his full name, especially in the way he did. it wasn't much, and luke didn't think anything of it, but michael thought way too much about it.