Chapter 2 | Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

Then, there was a feast. You had skipped lunch awhile ago; naturally, you were hungry. You put loads of food on your plate. Fred was surprised. "Hungry, much?" He teased, poking your arm.

You smiled at him and took a delicate bite of food.

While you ate, you looked at the Slytherin table.

The Slytherins seemed so... Angry and aggressive... Why? They looked dangerous. A blonde boy was sneering at a nearby person, with enough fire in his eyes the reheat the slices of ham on everyone's plates. "Who's the blonde kid?" I asked Fred.

"Oh, him? Draco Malfoy. He's a real annoying-" (he said something bad, to which you scolded, "Fred Weasley!")

Fred swallowed a bite of shepherd's pie, something that you were not familiar with, being an American and all. "Nah, he deserves it. In fact, he seems a perfect target to prank!"

You sighed. "Fred, don't. I bet he is annoying, but you don't want to get in trouble. He wouldn't be worth it." Fred chuckled.

"You haven't met him," he retorted. "You would love to give him a real kick in the-"

"Alrighty, thats enough," you interrupted.

Fred shrunk in his chair and continued to eat. "Aww."

George laughed from beside him. "Who are you talking about? Snape?"

"Who?" You asked. Why did he sound so familiar?

"Snape is a Slytherin teacher and is who you need to look out for. He's a real git," Fred said.

You raised an eyebrow. "What does he teach?"

"Potions. No true Gryffindor likes it there."

"My mom taught me all about potions over the summer. They were interesting. I couldn't get my eyes off the books."

Fred snorted. "Granger's like that, too."

"What was that?" Hermione glanced at Fred and George.

"Sorry, Hermione, we were just talking about Professor Snape," I told her. "Fred just told me that you read about the potions during the summer like I did."

Hermione nodded. "Oh, I just wanted to be prepared for this year's courses."

"Do you like reading about Snape's class?"

Hermione shook her head. "I'd rather spend my time on other books."

You glanced at Fred. He and George exchanged smirks. "Even the swot doesn't like that class."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Oh, let me eat," she said. She met your eyes and smiled. "These two are a handful, really."

"Yeah I can tell," you agree, snickering. Hermione went back to eating and you turned to Fred and George. "Is Professor Snape really a bad teacher?"

"Well, I suppose he isn't bad," said Fred with great reluctance. "But he is straight cruel. Good luck in that class."

You shifted in your seat and looked around for the teacher. "Which is he?"

Fred looked around for him. "There he is." He pointed at a middle-aged scowling man with black hair.

You shuddered. I hope he isn't as bad as they tell me.

~ ~ ~ ~
At the Goblet Of Fire

You watched Cedric Diggory, an older Hufflepuff according to Hermione, put in his name in the Goblet. His friends pushed him in there and they all laughed afterward. Cedric looked at you and gave you a half-smile, to which you blushed at and smiled back. He was pretty handsome, you would admit.