Chapter 25 - Vampire Trap

Start from the beginning

'Mr. Clean, right behind you.'

My right eye flared blue as my right arm lashed out. My hand wrapped around something fleshy, a neck. Whatever I caught was wriggling in my hands, struggling to get out. Ice spread from my arm to the neck, and the thing I caught stopped moving.

"What are you?"

"Kuh! Pl-please, let g. . .go of m-me," it croaked.

The dome faded away and a bizarre sight greeted my eyes.

A peculiarly feminine face rested upon the head of the thing I grabbed. Pink eyes, filled with fear, stared into mine. The ears were pointed, resembling those of elves. Platinum blond hair hung loosely in a bob cut with slight frontal fringes. And a lone fang was present with the other teeth.

Looking down, I saw that the person I grabbed was wearing the Kuoh Academy girls' uniform.

'Don't tell me. . .'

'It is, unfortunately.'

An awkward silence hung over us, as everyone watched me hold this 'girl' by her neck.

Eventually, Issei spoke up, "Hey, Y/n. Shouldn't you let go of her now?"

"Yeah," Asia said. "It's not nice to hold girls against their will."

I smiled wryly. "Bold of you to assume it's a girl."

Another awkward silence invaded the room.

"Buchou?" Issei asked.

Rias nodded with a sly smile. "Gasper here is my first bishop. As much as he looks like it, he is in fact a male. As for what he is, he's a Dhampir, a vampire-human hybrid hated by vampires. I chanced upon him when he was near death, so I saved him."

I expect this revelation made them think I would drop him out of shock, but contrary to their expectations, I tightened my grip.

"Give me one good reason not to kill you right now. I already have you down for copyright infringement, identity theft, plagiarism--all three of which were because of your time-stopping power--cross-dressing, and acting gay in general, when I know you're not. So, what'll it be?"

A/N: I have nothing against gay people. I respect them and their decisions, so I hope no one comes after me for insulting a trap.

"Y/n, he's my Bishop. He's a very valuable part of my peerage; I need him. I had to use a Mutation Piece in order to obtain him. He has lots of potential to be great. You already saw before; his specialty is his ability to stop time with his Sacred Gear. It'll be a huge blow to me and my family if he is killed," Rias tried to step in.

With a heavy sigh, I placed Gasper down next to Rias. But I also gave him a light slap to the cheek before I walked away.

"Thank you," she said.

"Uh, yeah, I think I'm done here. A male effeminate vampire isn't gonna sit well with me, not anytime soon. Also, you speak like a true scion."

"Huh?"

"You called him a 'part' of your peerage, not a 'member.' You said you 'obtained' him. Not only do you speak of him like he is an object, you speak in first person POV a lot. 'I chanced upon him. . . I saved him. . . I need him.' It's all about you. You think of yourself above everyone else. And saying that it'll be a huge blow to you and your family? If killing him isn't enough to cause your mental collapse or something on par with that, then you don't even view him as important as you say," I retorted.

"I-I-" she stammered.

I pressed on mercilessly. "Look, I'm not trying to break you apart, but you need to know, this little act of yours? It's not gonna get you anywhere. Thinking that just because you're a Gremory then you'll get everything you want, you won't last a moment on a real battlefield. And before you say anything about the thing with Kokabiel, he's nothing compared to the real powers of the realms."