Chapter 23 - Truths and Lies

Y/N POV

The door slowly swung open to reveal a waiting Tio on the bed, with a giddy expression.

'Here we go,' I thought to myself.

I pulled up a chair and sat across from her. Koneko sat on my lap, which made the mood less serious than it should've been.

"Okay, so first things first. Tio, to put it simply, I have powers," I began.

"That was obvious."

I grit my teeth. Cute as she was, she was also very blunt at times.

"Well, yes, but there's actually more to it."

She nodded and motioned for me to go on.

"To give a little summary of what I can do, I can control fire and ice, and I have both holy and demonic magic. I can fly and turn invisible--though I haven't tried the latter yet--and I have very heightened senses."

Koneko nodded along to confirm everything I said.

"I can go toe-to-toe with beings beyond regular human comprehension. I have fought Phenexes and Hades' own pet, and came out alive. I dared to take the wife of the Lucifer as hostage. And I nearly killed a scion to one of the most influential families in the Underworld, but I showed him undeserved mercy.

"I know that this can be hard for you to understand. And I understand if you do--"

"Okay."

". . Eh?"

"I said okay," she repeated. "I believe you."

"Bu-but," I stammered, "Most people would react by dragging me to a mental hospital or torturing the information out of me for the sake of obtaining power."

"With Koneko agreeing to everything you said, it made it a bit easier to believe. Speaking of which, outside of the ORC, who else knows?"

This time, Koneko responded, "The Student Council."

Tio nodded.

"So. . . you believe me?"

"More or less. But I also want to ask, how did you get these power?"

"Short version or long version," I asked.

"Short."

"Well, you'll have to keep this a secret because it's something I haven't told even Koneko."

Said person's ears perked up.

"I'm possessed by a dragon."

.

.     .

.     .     .

"Okay."

"That's is?! Okay?" I exclaimed.

She tilted her head to one side. "It's a bit cliche, but not the worst or most generic way to obtain something."

"So it was like that. . ."

"Senpai," Koneko said, "I take it you would like to keep this a secret?"

"Yes. Also, I have to be even more clandestine with the information now because my dragon also has an agenda it would rather not disclose."

She nodded in understanding.

"Is there anything else I need to know?" Tio asked.

Koneko and I looked at each other. She smiled and shook her head, implying that it was not time for all to be revealed. I turned back to Koneko. "No, I think that's it. But I still want you to stay away from the ORC and Student Council. Weird stuff happens to them and I keep having to use my powers to get them out of trouble. And especially stay away from Issei from his friends. If you catch him looking at you, tell me and I'll take his eyes and hands."