Chapter 21 - Hunter Killer: Part 2

Y/N POV

"Brimstone Lake!"

After casting the spell, the grass, pavement, and everything on the surface of the ground within 30 meters from me crumbled away and revealed an underlying layer of lava. Being the caster, I was unaffected, but Cerberus wasn't so lucky.

"AWWOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

The cries of the creature rang loud for all to hear. When the dust cleared, we saw how much damage I had done, and was still doing. Its paws were nothing more than stumps of flesh with bones sticking out. Countless icicles stuck onto it, with blood seeping from the wounds, covering the mutt in a layer of its own blood. It continued sinking into the lava as more icicle fell onto it.

Soon, it fell on its side and melted away. Its whimpers rang clear in the silence that followed. The lava still remained and set a few nearby trees on fire from the sparks.

"No! This can't be!" Kokabiel couldn't believe his eyes. The fire reflected in his eyes, which were full of madness.

"Believe it! And I'm coming for you next!"

A minute later, his face twisted into a sick grin, showing more insanity in his eyes.

"HehehehehehahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

I took a step back when he started laughing maniacally. Someone who laughed like a maniac was almost sure to have a trick up their sleeve.

"What's so funny? You want the same treatment?"

Without another word, Kokabiel waved his hand as two more magic circles appeared around me.

"Shit!"

I tried to leap back, but I was too slow. A Cerberus caught me and tackled me to the ground.

"You didn't really think I only had one, did you?" he laughed.

Teeth gnashing and spit flying everywhere, the Cerberus snapped at me while I tried to fend it off while it was standing above me.

"Away mutt, away! Ack!"

At that moment, two off its heads clamped down on my arms, trapping them. But because of my passive ability, they were unable to pierce through the gauntlets. Still though, their bite felt like a vise and I could only struggle beneath it, trying to find a way to break free. The other Cerberus joined us and looked at me with a twisted smile.

That same Cerberus got close and smacked we with its paw. A warm, metallic flavor flooded my mouth. I spit out the blood as some trickled down my cheek.

'Man, if only I was paying attention a bit more, I wouldn't have been reduced to this state.'

'You still have that move.'

My eyes lit up with enlightenment. Relaxing both arms and ignoring the new marks on my face, I smiled up at the Cerberus holding me down.

It tilted its head in confusion .

"Congratulations, you get to be the second roast dog of the pack."

*FFFWAAAAAAAA*

A burning sensation reached the back of my throat, prompting me to open my mouth. Flames erupted from my mouth, hitting the mutt right in the face, and the flames continued on until the whole dog burned away, save for the two heads hanging on to my arms.

I hastily got up and ripped off the heads. My arms felt sore from being squeezed for so long, so I had to shake them around to get them properly working again. Smoke seeped out of my mouth as I breathed heavily. "Man, is this how rappers feel when they spit fire?."