Chapter 18 - Teaching a Lesson

Y/N POV

"Hah, what to do with you know?" I sighed. She was just being too arrogant, I couldn't stand it. So, I had to do it.

Xenovia lay on the ground, unconscious. I had struck her shoulders, making her drop Excalibur, and as a result, there were now two gashes and a couple scorch marks running down her arms. I don't think I overdid it, did I?

Everyone was staring at me, either scared or shocked. I looked at Irina and she was clutching her sword nervously.

"You, come here." I didn't give her a chance to respond as I pulled her over. "You will stay with her until she wakes up, and you will not tell anyone what happened here today. We will let you go about your business in this town, but I will promise you this: If you or her EVER accuse me of servitude OR if you ever touch my family, neither of you will be going back to the Church in one piece."

She nodded her head, and quickly left.

"Now, where were we? Oh yeah! ISSEI, KIBA, GET YOUR ASSES OVER HERE!!!!!"

With a snap of my finger, Kiba stood in front of me at attention. And Issei, I don't even know how, but he somehow was able to arrive in time.

"Can you two PLEASE explain to me why you had to fight?"

"Xenovia sa--" Issei started.

"You know what, I don't wanna hear your explanation. But YOU Kiba. . ." I snapped at Issei and looked towards Kiba expectantly. "I know what you went through but did you really need to challenge them?"

"It is my mission to destroy all Excalibur fragments and their wielders."

"And why is that?"

"Because they caused the death of all of my friends and family."

"Haven't I already told told you? You can't do that! The Church will just reforge them and find new wielders. And I already told you what happens if they're stronger, correct?"

"Yes, but. . ."

"Oh Lord, what to do. . ." I shook my head, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a glint of metal. I looked over to see the discarded Excalibur Destruction. I smiled.

I walked over to it and picked it up. "Oh boy! Would you look at that! I am currently holding an Excalibur fragment! So that technically makes me a wielder of Excalibur. Are you going to kill me now Kiba?" I said all this in a mocking tone.

When I looked at Kiba, his face was twisted and his hands were clenched so tightly that his knuckles were white. "I. . . I. . . I. . ."

"Hm? What was that? Do I hear someone going against their own oath despite swearing his life on it?" Now I know I sound like an asshole, but trust me, this is for the best.

"No, it's because it's you whose wielding it."

I slowly approached him. "Is that so? Then what makes me different from the two girls? We can both defeat you, so what's the difference?"

"You're not a member of the Church."

"And your point is? Look, did you ever see those two during the experiments? Think about it, they're about the same age as you, so how could they have been involved with the project?"

He became silent after the last question. I poked at him some more. "So are you still going to try to kill me?"

"I. . . I. . . can't." He dropped to his knees and let go of his sword.

"Why not?"

"B-Because, it's not you I'm mad at, I'm not mad at the wielders."

"Is that a fact? Well then here you go." I tossed Excalibur Destruction in front of him. "Feel free to treat it however you like. It's not like the sword was actually used to kill everyone, because from what I heard, they gassed everyone."