Chapter 11 - Training

Hey guys! Before starting, I just wanna say thank all for the 4k+ reads and 150+ votes from these past two months. It really helps me see how much you guys love this book.

At the end of this, I'll be putting up a poll on pairing partners for this book. Without further ado, let's get on with the book.

------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n POV

I prepare myself for another barrage of attacks from Emynth with my gauntlets. We've been doing this for the past few hours. It started to tire me, which made my performance even worse, but I knew I had to pull through in order to improve. I recalled the moment we started training together.

Flashback

"So, I'm going to be launching these orbs at you," Emynth said as she held up a dodgeball.

"Question: Will it hurt? How fast will you launch those? How do I defend myself?"

"It will hurt. I'll start at the speed of an arrow, then work up to subsonic, then superonic. Use your gauntlets and try to summon Ice wall."

I sweatdropped after hearing the conditions of the training.

"Without further ado, let's begin."

And then, she disappeared and in the next second, a bright red ball hit the back of my knees, forcing me to my knees. Pain also shot through my body, making me shout.

"Hey! A little warning next time!"

"Sorry, no warnings in real combat."

And she started attacking me again.

I stood up again and heard a ball coming from my left. The moment I heard it though, I was hit in the ribs by it. I gritted my teeth as I tried not to double over in pain. I sensed a ball coming from behind. I quickly turned around and thrust out my left gauntlet. I saw a wall of ice rise up 5 feet and a smile appeared on my face. But, the ball just shattered the wall and hit me square in the face.

"Gah!" I screamed as I fell backwards.

When I fell down, I watched as Emynth stood above me.

"You need to focus more."

"I am!"

"Be more aware. Hone your senses. Don't really on sight and hearing alone. Trust your instincts. And if you want to strengthen you Ice Walls, put more energy into it."

And with that, she disappeared again. When I stood up, I stood still and closed my eyes. I took two deep breaths and concentrated. I heard a faint whizzing from the front. Knowing I wasn't fast enough to block it, I dodged to the side in a fluid motion and avoided the ball.

"Good!"

More balls came after that.

Flashback End

And now, she sent more balls, but this time, at supersonic speed.

I somewhat figured out her pattern. It was very complex, but she would repeat the same process every 15 minutes, and seeing as we had been practicing for hours, I caught on.

Dodgeball after dodgeball came at me. I stopped one aimed at my stomach, then ducked to avoid one from behind. I thrust my hands out on each side and I heard two balls crash into the ice. I jumped up as one whizzed right by my foot, and then I spun around forming a ring of ice around myself togive myself a breather. As I was about take a breath, one fell from the sky, but I caught it in my hand.