Chapter 3 - First Day: Part 1

". . ." : Dialogue

'. . .' : Thoughts/Telepathy

------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N POV

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"Gah!"

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring at me, and after what happened when I was asleep, the sound scared me half to death. After realizing it was only the alarm, I chuckled to myself because I was being a little scaredy-cat. I slowly got up and walked over to the bathroom for a quick shower before putting on the boys' uniform for Kuoh Academy. I then headed to the kitchen to prepare some toast and coffee. As I was eating, I heard the same feminine voice from my dream.

'Good morning Y/N.'

"Good morning Emynth."

'It looks like today's the day.'

"Yep."

'Aren't you excited?'

"Considering I just found out that this supposedly 'quiet' town is actually crawling with supernatural beings? No, I'm not."

'Oh, don't be like that. Remember, since your my vessel, I can help you along the way should you ever need help.'

Easy for her to say. She's been dealing with these kinds of things for millennia! Me, on the other hand, had just been literally thrust into a reality that just got a whole lot bigger, and a whole lot more dangerous. If anything, she should be worried about me attracting attention from the devils. Didn't she predict that I might panic from all the information that I just learned? I bit down into my toast to keep myself from screaming out loud in frustration.

'Hey, don't forget, I can still read your mind. I know everything you think the moment you think about it, so there's no hiding anything from me. Also, don't you remember? I have an ability that hides my power from supernatural beings, so you don't have to worry about anything.'

"Well, what should I do if your ability fails, and suddenly a whole bunch of devils and fallen angels come rushing at me? Don't you have a fail-safe?"

'Of course I have a fail-safe, dimwit. Remember those pistol swords you held in your dream?'

Those things? How could I not remember them? They were pretty cool looking to me. I mean, don't two pistol swords glowing purple and white look cool? I took a sip of coffee. "Yeah, I remember them. Why?"

'Well, they are, in fact, your Sacred Gears.'

"Okay, and what do they do?"

'I can't say right now.'

"And why is that?"

'BE MORE AWARE WILL YA? LOOK AT THE TIME! YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE!!!'

"!"

After looking at the time on my phone (after recovering from Emynth's mental screaming), I realized Emynth was right. The current time was 8:20 AM, and the bell rings at 8:30 AM. Crap! I'm gonna be late on my first day! I can't make a bad impression like this! I quickly choke down the last of my toast and coffee, then I grab my bag, put on my shoes, and sprinted outside. I made sure my door was locked before leaving.

As I sprinted towards the school, I checked my watch. 8:23 AM. I have seven minutes to make it to the school. As I ducked and weaved through foot traffic on the way to the school, I got an idea. 'Hey, Emynth! Why don't you tell me about my Sacred Gears while I'm running?'