Chapter 25 - Vampire Trap

Y/N POV

"So. . . why am I here again?" I ask.

The ORC and I stood in front of a door with handles held together by a humongous padlock, and yellow police tape strewn up and down the wall. The tape pulsed with magic, just a slight trace that I could barely detect. I imagine that if I didn't have Emynth's senses, I wouldn't sense it at all.

Clearly something is being kept in there. And the tape and padlock did a good job keeping any aura from escaping. I wonder who enchanted it?

"My brother told me it was about time I released it," Rias responded.

"And what exactly would be 'it?'"

"My other Bishop of course," she said matter-of-factly.

She raised her hand and a magic circle spread over the door.

With a 'ka-cha' sound, the padlock broke and the magic circle shattered. The tape fell off the wall silently, and Rias pushed open the door and led us in.

"Should we be worried?" I ask.

Akeno shook her head. "No, this Servant isn't too troublesome to deal with. But it does come with a few quirks."

A single black coffin lay in the center of the room. A box was off in a corner, but other than that, there was no other decoration in the room. If something was kept in here, how did it survive without food and drink?

'Hey, have any idea what could be in here?'

'My guess would be someone the Gremory family had trouble subduing. Knowing them, they wouldn't let such a powerful being off the hook so easily.'

'Big facts.'

Akeno pushed the lid of the coffin and it fell to the floor with a loud bang, causing Asia to jump a little.

We all peered inside. . .

"EEEK! Don't look at me!"

.

. .

. . .

There was nothing in the coffin.

'Yes there is. Or at least was.'

I turned my head to where the box was and, sure enough, it was trembling.

'Yep, there it is.'

"It sounded. . . feminine," Issei remarked.

'Oho, whatever it was, it was definitely NOT female.'

"Uh, I have a feeling that it wasn't," I said.

"But, it sounded like a little girl," Asia said.

Off to the side, I could hear Rias' and Akeno's soft chuckles. Looks like I might be right.

"Hell Dome: Compress."

A dome appeared over us, or more specifically, only me and the box. As it was a compressed version, the walls were more opaque and the temperature is exerted was higher. Whatever is in there, it wouldn't get away from me.

I slowly approached the box. It continued to tremble, but it got worse as I got closer, as if it could sense me getting closer.

My left arm became covered in armor as it reached out. . .

.

. .

. . .