Chapter 29

"Lili?" She asked softly "Yeah?" Lisa answered. Jennie took a deep breath and looked up to Lisa. "What are we? I mean, are, we like...together now?" Lisa gulped.

No one's POV

Jennie sat up straight so she can able to see Lisa face to face. She noticed Lisa's reaction for her question, Jennie panicked... I knew I shouldn't ask the question she blamed herself inside.

"Lisa, you don't have to answer...I didn't mean to, I'm sorry" Jennie said softly taking herself off from Lisa and sitting up straight on the couch. Few moments later she sighed and started to get up then she felt Lisa hand on her arm. She looked up and their eyes met.

"Hold on, don't be sorry" Lisa said calmly, pulling Jennie back down to the couch that they were laying down few moments ago. Jennie was shocked how calm her voice was. She sat back down instantly "look Jennie." Lisa started, before she continue her talk Jennie turned around and shut her eyes, scared and afraid of what she would say. Afraid of rejection.

Lisa reached out and turned Jennie's head to her so she can look into her eyes. "I'd really really like that, making us official. But I don't know anything about you and you don't know anything about me." Lisa continued.

Jennie nodded. She understand what Lisa trying to say to her. Plus Lisa did had a point. "But isn't that point of a relationship and dating? Getting know each other?" Jennie asked carefully making Lisa
chuckle.

"Yes it is, but I don't wanna rush everything between us. I want to know who you are, where you came from and what's your story, and I don't want to go fast because.."

Jennie look at her with confusion "because what Lili?" She asked. Lisa looked down at her feet "nothing, forget about it" she answered shaking her head and playing with her fingers. "No don't do that, please tell me" Jennie begged Lisa.

Then suddenly Lisa got frustrated with herself. It scared Jennie, so much. All this is new to Lisa. She never had official relationship with someone in the past. She hooked up with few girls but it never meant something to her. Now, Jennie is something to her.

All the negative thoughts are making her frustrated with herself. She shook her head and try to get rid of the thoughts that's running through her head. That's when she felt Jennie's hand on her knee. She looked up and met Jennie's warm cat eyes. She could see that Jennie is trying her best to not to cry.

Lisa sighed softly and pulled Jennie into a hug. Jennie immediately wrapped her arms around Lisa's neck, snuggling her head deep into Lisa's neck. While Lisa wrapped her arms around Jennie's tiny waist holding her tight enough, showing Jennie how much she means to her. Lisa softly kissed the side of Jennie's cheeks and pulled away from the hug after few minutes.

"Jennie, you have no idea how I want to be with you and make things official between us. It's just...I'm s-scared" Lisa weakly whispered the last word and looked down. She hated admitting that she's "scared". Saying that word made her weak and useless.

Jennie was deep in thought about what Lisa just said. She never thought that fear was holding Lisa back.
"Scared of what Lisa?" asked her softly. Lisa took few deep breaths looked up and locking eyes with Jennie.
"I'm just scared that you're gonna find about my past and get mad or scared of me. I don't want you to walk away from me after I let you in into my life...I don't want you to see walking away from me"
Lisa carefully explained what really holding her back.

Jennie secretly adored Lisa's response to her question. "If I was scared of you, I'll be already walked away from you. You don't scare me at all. I want to be with you. You're my safe place. Nothing can scare me away from you" She said proudly.