| WINTER SPECIAL |

This is NOT an official update
It's a part that was originally at the end of book 1 that only few got to see 😇 (So my writing might seem alil diff, plus it's long. I'll prob move this placement soon)
But pls still vote! I'd love to hear feedback <3 (& I have a surprise for you next chap...)

[Trigger warning:
Contains self-harm]

❄️
—NINE YEARS OLD—

Months spent on prayers, yet her condition wasn't getting any better...

Dad sits by her bed and caresses her hair as I only peak from around the wall, my fingers tracing the wood and school uniform still on. The room is orange from the sunset's intensity, darkening their silhouettes into shadows.

"I'm going to have a word with her. I'm sure she'll understand... She's strong. You just get some rest honey." He places a gentle peck on her forehead.

A tear threatens my eye as I grip the wooden curb tighter. He didn't have to tell me... I already knew.

And it wasn't until days later that we were sitting in front of a flatlined monitor.

My screams swarm and echo like a distressed siren as dad pulls me back from the bed. Even with a dry throat, I continue to bawl until there's no sound left.

I'd never cried so hard, and to this day, it still remained that way.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ❄️
—THIRTEEN YEARS OLD—

If felt weird coming home from school without checking on her first to see if she ate, or to have chat our girly chats. It even felt weirder not having Dad drive me here and wish me a good day today or whatever. I have to wash, iron, shop, feed and transport myself from now on.

Here, I'm the mean isolated girl. But when I was with mom... I was able to be vulnerable. Something I could never be in a place like this, where I'm surrounded by idiotic strangers and bullies who are quick to identify the weak.

Sitting at the back of the class, I continue to doodle in my textbook as the teacher speaks. Skulls, demons and monsters ink the paper until it's practically pierced.

I scribble harder, my teeth gritting and the table shaking slightly at my pace—

"Ms. Kim."

I stop when the teacher stands before me with a hand on her hip. I don't meet her gaze, but instead slowly cover the page with my arm...

Making sure to stretch my sleeve in hopes that she won't see the cuts of course.

Everyone stares at me with snickers and murmurs. The teacher's eyes soften at the sight of my kneeled head before she clears her throat.

"I was just going through the partner list for your upcoming project. You'll be working with Nicki."

"What?! Aw gross, I don't wanna work with her!"

"Nicki please, that's no way to treat your peer."

"But she's weird... And she never talks."

"Now Nicki that does not—"

"It's not like I want to work with you either." I grumble, finally fed up after months of having to endure her annoying voice.