|11| painful proof

Taehyung left out with Hoseok despite it being 1 AM. I lay in bed with Teddy at my side, our backs facing one another. She cuddles her pillow tightly and hums faint melodies.

"Lilo?" She whispers.

"Yeah?"

"Are you awake?"

I roll my eyes playfully. "Yes Teddy."

I hear her rotate to meet my back.

"I read this manga recently... Where the lead character was young and happy but... She was pretty lost. Outside of making ends meet she didn't know what to do with her life. She was actually kinda sad... But then she met found friends, and a boy she liked, they changed her life forever. They went ice skating... bungee jumping... They really stuck together." She hugs her pillow, getting lost in imagination.

"But one day one of her friends got hurt, so she did too. It didn't matter that she wasn't the one who broke her leg, it still felt like she was the one hurt just by seeing a friend in pain. She cares about them lots... It's like, what would she be without them?"

There's a small silence before she whispers on, "You guys will always be here, right? We won't all split up again..."

I turn to face her. Her eyes are doll-like, hands still clutched onto her pillow innocently.

"You, me, Taehyung, Jimin, Winter, Jungkook, Hoseok... Even Gretch and Chrys. We should go bungee jumping sometime, like the manga."

I beam a chuckle.

"We'll go wherever you wanna go. None of us are separating again."

Her smile is extra soft. She looks down and fiddles with her pyjamas.

"I've never really told you this, since I know I can be annoying but, you're like a big sister. I'm happy you're dating Tae. You stick by him when he leaves the house, not knowing if he'll even return... And he sticks by you despite your mistakes. You guys are soulmates." Her smile doesn't fade as her eyelids get heavy and voice drifts into slumber, "I want to be like you guys someday..." She yawns.

I watch as Teddy falls to sleep, giving her a gentle hair stroke.

"And you will. Goodnight Ted."

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🌙
—TAEHYUNG'S POV—

My eyes stay shut, the back of my head rested against the large bathtub surface.

The room is light and round which makes the abnormally slender shadows watching me stand out. They stand behind the glass with handprints pressed against it.

I slowly slip lower and lower. The water turns red the further I sink until I'm under completely and the world is flipped. The ground is hot red sand, and instead of air, it feels like I'm breathing in water, my fingers being able to slowly comb through the waves while my clothes flag behind me. The sky is red and clouds are black.

"Where...?"

"Boo." Sergio's undead form appears and vanishes in a blink.

I jolt back in surprise and look around. The people walking about are nothing but lanky, creepy shadows. A nasty blend of muffled screams echo in the background.

"No... I need to leave. Where's Lilo?"

"She's not here." I turn to see Sergio now rocking back and forth on a swing set. "She's with your mother and dog... Why would she be here? And spend another second you?"