23 | Stressed

Five's POV
"Now that the apocalypse is over, it's time for the fighting to stop," I stated as Diego glared at me. "Hey, he didn't kill Patch. His partner Cha-Cha did."

"So what?" Diego yelled. "They were both there that night."

"This half of the partnership gave me both of their guns. Which will clear you, because the ballistics will match Patch's crime scene. Hazel came here looking for a way out. He wanted a fresh start. And he happened to have in his possession the one thing that could do our family a little good. So it's time to move on."

"Not a chance," Diego argued.

I shrugged. "Suit yourself."

I began to walk out of the room before turning back around.

"I am curious. Your girlfriend, Patch. What did you like about her?"

"A lot of things. Cute butt. Nice legs."

"Anything a little more profound than that?" I urged.

"She believed in people. No matter how much shit and filth she saw on the streets. She always saw the good inside."

"Well, I'm sure she'll be proud to know that you're killing Hazel and Cha-Cha as a way to honor her memory."

I sighed, walking out of the room and back upstairs.

I opened my bedroom door, meeting y/n's gaze.

"So, who was it?" she asked, smiling.

"It was just Hazel."

I noticed her tense up as I mentioned him, so I gently shook my head.

"It's all good now. He's done killing. He wants to settle down."

"So, sort of like you're gonna do," she beamed as I sat next to her on the bed.

"Yeah, exactly."

"I'm gonna go get something to eat. Do you want anything?" I questioned, getting up.

"Anything as long as it's not your disgusting peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches," she chuckled.

"Hey, they aren't that bad," I replied, walking out of the room.

"Hello?" a voice wavered as I went downstairs.

"Vanya," I spoke, anger boiling inside of me.

"Five. Is she..."

"She's fine," I spat, clenching my jaw.

"Can I see her please? I wanna apol—"

"Don't you think you've done enough?" I warned, my hands gripping the railing of the stairs.

"Five..."

"You were going to kill her. I-I saw you kill her. The look in your eyes. You..." I mumbled, tears stinging my eyes.

I sighed, trying to clear my mind of the horrible thoughts erupting in my head.

"Fine. You can see her."

I walked up to her, grabbing her wrist and teleporting her to the containment unit before running out and locking the door.

I notified everyone and we all stood around the prison-like room that Vanya was in.

"You locked up our sister because you think she has powers," Diego stated.

"Not think. I know she does. Pogo told me."

"Five is right. He's always known and so has Dad," Luther explained.

"Why would they hide this from us?" Diego questioned. "I mean, am I the only one that didn't know this place existed?"