11 | Tick Tock

Five's POV
I stretched my arms, pulling y/n closer to me. I opened my eyes, smiling at how comfortable she looked, nuzzled up in the blanket that was covering the bed.

"You sick bastard."

"Oh, nice to see you too Luther," I said, going to sit at the edge of the bed.

I grabbed my clothes off the floor, starting to get dressed.

"I should've never left you two alone. I can't believe you used y/n."

"I didn't use y/n."

"Yes, you did. You have your whole life. The only reason you keep her around is because she follows you everywhere-at your beck and call-like a dog," Luther spat.

"I suggest you choose your next words very carefully." I warned, gritting my teeth.

Y/n stirred, gaining my attention.

"Hey, y/n..." I whispered, shaking her softly.

She opened her eyes, smiling. I picked her up and teleported to my room at the academy.

"I'm sorry to wake you up, but we better get moving. Luther's back."

"Okay," she mumbled, standing up and covering herself with the blanket.

"I'll get you a change of clothes," I said, teleporting to Allison's room.

I grabbed one of the many school uniforms out from the closet and teleported back to y/n.

"Here you go." I handed her the clothes.

"Thank you."

I turned around, giving her some privacy to get changed.

Should I leave?

Y/n grabbed my hand. "No, please don't. You can turn around now."

I turned around, watching as she adjusted the tie.

"Y/n?"

She hummed, her eyes locking with mine.

"You have nothing to be jealous about. You shouldn't be jealous of Del-"

"I know. It just took me a while to realize. I mean-"

"A while?" I scoffed, smirking. "That's not what I recall from last night. You believed me as soon as I-"

"Shut up," she blushed, looking down.

I grabbed her hand, teleporting back to Luther.

"When's it supposed to happen? This...apocalypse," Luther questioned.

"Well, I can't give you the exact hour, but...from what I could gather, we have four days left."

"Why didn't you say something sooner?"

"It wouldn't have mattered."

"Of course it would," Luther shot back. "We could've banded together and helped you try to stop this thing."

"For the record, you already tried."

"What do you mean?"

I looked down, debating whether or not to tell him. "I found all of you. Your bodies."

"We die?"

"Horribly."

Luther looked at me, his eyes full of sadness. "What about her?"

I shifted uneasily, glancing at y/n.

"Uh, I'd rather not talk about it," I mumbled, unable to look y/n in the eyes.

"You were together, trying to stop whoever it was that ends the world," I said, looking back at Luther.

"Wait, how do you know that?"

I grabbed the cloth with the eye out of my pocket.

"This was clutched in your dead hand when I found you," I explained, tossing him the eye. "Must've ripped it out of their head right before you went down."

"Whose head?"

"Like I said, I don't know."

"Well, there's a serial number on the back. Think maybe you could try-"

Y/n shook her head. "No, that's-that's a dead end."

I chuckled softly. "It's just another hunk of glass."

Luther handed the eye back to me.

The door burst open. "Piece of shit," Diego grumbled as he walked in.

"Do you have any idea what you just did?" he said angrily, storming up to me.

Y/n stood in front of me, glaring at him.

"Y/n, it's okay," I whispered, lightly grazing her arm.

Luther held him back as Diego continued to protest.

Y/n sat down, her eyes glued to Diego.

"I can do this as long as it takes you to calm down," Luther stated calmly.

"Fine."

"Now, wanna tell us what you're talking about?" Luther asked.

"Our brother's been pretty busy since he got back. He was in the middle of that shootout at Griddy's and then at Gimble Brothers, after the guys in masks attacked the Academy looking for him," he ranted, pointing at me.

"None of which is any of your concern," I replied bluntly.

"It is now. They just killed my friend."

"Who are they, Five?" Luther questioned.

"They work for my former employer. A woman called The Handler. She sent them...to stop me. Then, soon as Diego's friend got in their way...well, fair game."

"And now they're my fair game," Diego retorted. "And I'm gonna see to it they pay."

He headed for the door.

"That would be a mistake, Diego," I called after him. "They've killed people far more dangerous than you."

"Yeah, we'll see about that," he replied, slamming the door behind him.

"Former employer? What's this really about? And don't give me any of this 'Its none of your business' crap, alright?" Luther demanded.

"Well, it's a long story."

Luther sat down, telling me to continue.

"They turned me into the perfect instrument for rehabilitation of the time continuum. Or 'corrections,' as they called them. I wasn't the only one. There are others like me. Beings out of time, fractured, extracted from the lives that they knew. I don't know how they got there. But I do know that none of them were as good as me. They didn't realize it, but I was biding my time, trying to figure out the right equation so I could get back. If I could just get back, I could stop the apocalypse. Save the world. So I broke my contract."

"So...you were a hit man?" Luther asked. "Uh...I mean, you had a code, right? You didn't kill just anybody."

"No code. We took out anyone who messed with the timeline."

"What about innocent people?"

"It was the only way I could get back here."

"But that's murder."

"Jesus, Luther. Grow up. We're not kids anymore. There's no such thing as good guys or bad guys. There's just people, going about their lives. But when the world ends, all those people die, including our family," I said, sighing. "Time changes everything."

✧♬•*¨*•.。。.•*¨*•♬✧✧♬•*¨*•.。。.•*¨*•♬✧