3 | Frozen in Time

Y/n's POV
"Y/n, wake up," a voice called, shaking me.

"No, I don't want to. It hurts. Everything hurts," I mumbled.

"Y/n, you have to wake up," the voice pleaded.

I opened my eyes and was met with a tear stained Five. My jaw dropped as I tried to comprehend what was going on.

"How are you back?" I asked.

"I'm not back yet, y/n," he said, his eyes full of sadness and worry.

"What do you mean? You're right here."

"Y/n, you have to wake up, please," he explained, pushing some of my hair behind my ear. "I don't want you to die, y/n. I need you."

"I am awake," I said, confused. "I'm not going to die. Wait, what's going on?"

"Y/n please, you have to wake up," he replied, tears filling his eyes.

All of a sudden, I felt this sharp pain in my stomach. I felt really dizzy and reached out for Five. He grabbed my hand, squeezing it gently.

"Please," he whispered, "wake up."

I jolted upright, my hands hitting a bed. I took in my surroundings, putting a hand through my hair.

Why was I in a hospital?

I looked to my side and many wires were connected to me. The steady beeping of the heart monitor was all I could hear and the smell of anti-bacterial wipes flooded my senses, a smell that almost made my nose burn. I looked down and noticed my whole stomach was bandaged. Dark red spots stained the white color of the gauze.

A doctor walked in, dropping her clipboard at the sight of me.

"Oh my gosh, uh, I apologize," she stuttered, picking up her clipboard. "I didn't expect you to be awake."

"What? How long was I out?"

"Just a couple of days," she replied as if it was not big deal. "But your wounds aren't healing as well as they should." She pointed at my bandaged stomach.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"You have internal bleeding."

I noticed a bag filled with blood above me, tracing the wire down to my arm.

"No matter how much blood we put in you, you just keep losing it. I'm surprised you're still alive. If we don't act fast, I'm afraid you'll bleed to death," the doctor explained.

"Is there anything you can do?"

"Well, we could perform cyrosurgery, but we would have to get your mother to sign some documents first."

"Where is my mom?"

"She's in the waiting room actually. I'll bring her up for you." she said before leaving.

Cyrosurgery? Bleeding to death? What the fuck is happening?

A few moments later, the doctor came back with my mom behind her.

"Oh sweetie, are you okay?" she asked, running over to me.

"I'm fine," I replied glumly.

"So, what's this about cyrosurgery?"

The doctor explained the risks of cyrosurgery and how long the procedure would take. She also talked about how long it would take me to recover from the surgery.

"It would also allow us to safely remove all of the little glass shards that are still in her stomach."

Mom looked at me then at the doctor, smiling sadly.