21 | Save Me

Five's POV
"No!" I screamed as I teleported to y/n, catching her before she hit the ground.

I held her head up, putting pressure on her wound to try and stop the bleeding, but it was too much. I shook my head, sobbing. Her blood painted my hands as her breathing grew labored.

"No, no, no..." I mumbled, hot tears running down my face.

"I'm gonna go get some air," Vanya muttered before walking out of the cabin.

"You saved me," Allison said, shocked.

A few tears trickled down y/n's face as her eyes met mine. She grabbed my hand, tracing letters on it.

"I...l-o-v-e...love...y-o-u...you. Wait, no. Y/n, no. Y-You...You can't go like this."

"I love you too, y/n..." I mumbled with a sad smile.

"Shit..." I whispered as y/n continued to lose blood. "Fuck y/n. I-I wish things could've ended differently," I sobbed, moving her hair out of her face.

"I wish you didn't go with Allison, then maybe you could've survived. I-I wanted to-" I ranted, picking her up. "Just hang in there. Y-You'll be okay."

"Five," Luther said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

He looked at me, sternly. "You can't save her."

"I-I have to try."

"No, Five."

I looked back at y/n, her breathing slowed.

Everything grew still and quiet, causing my heart to drop to the pit of my stomach.

"No. No, no, no!" I yelled, shaking y/n's lifeless body. "No! It's not fair! Why? She-This should've happened to me."

"Five, she's gone. There's nothing you can do now," Diego stated.

"Shut up, Diego! No, no, no..." I screamed, crying into y/n's hair.

Luther and Diego pulled me away from y/n's body and I felt myself go limp. I could no longer feel anything, but hurt.

I wish I had gotten here sooner.

⏩⏩⏩

Everything was different without y/n.

Thunder rumbled overhead as we stood outside, surrounding y/n's casket. I continued to stare at a spot on the ground, unable to believe that y/n was actually dead.

"Y/n was a great friend and I will forever be in her debt for saving me," Allison explained, a couple fresh tears rolling down her cheek.

I felt everyone's burning gaze as it was my turn to speak.

"I can't do this," I said, my voice hoarse.

"Five," Luther warned.

"I have to save her. I can't live like this. I-I can't live without y/n," I replied, looking at all of them.

"Five, I know this is difficult-" Allison started.

"Difficult?" I sneered, scoffing. "If I don't save her, I have to live with that. The fact that I could've saved her, but didn't."

"I'm going back," I announced, blue light emitting from my hands.

"Five, no!" a voice echoed as I traveled through the time continuum.

I opened my eyes, seeing the road ahead of me. I slammed down on the gas pedal, earning a yelp from Klaus.

We arrived at the cabin and I ran to the door, flinging it open.