The Two that nearly got away Part 1

Helen’s POV

I watched as my best friend Emma came down the stairs wearing an orange dress top, leggings and boots with a summer jacket over her shoulders. She smiled as she stood in front of me.

“All ready?” I ask her making sure she is ready to go.

“Yep ready as I ever can be. I wish I could drive,” Emma complains.

“Oh come on Emma, you have plenty of time to learn,” I laugh.

“I guess you are right,” Emma says as we leave and she locks up.

I unlock the car and get into the drivers sit. Emma climbs into the passenger sit as I start the car up and put my seat belt on. I wait for Emma to put her one on before I reverse the car and drive onto the road towards the shopping centre which is about a twenty minute drive from here.

I watched Emma out the corner of my eye. “Is something wrong?” I ask her.

“No, nothing just thinking really about everything but nothing to worry about, so don’t worry.”

“Ok if you are sure.”

We sit in the car in silence the rest of the way. I hope Emma is ok, I worry about her when she is like this. I think it’s the amount of times relationships never seem to work or even come into her life. She feels a lone and sometimes like no one is ever going to come along.

I’ve had my share of people and I know how she feels. I’m not exactly young anymore and I think it’s my time to find someone who I can actually spend my life with for years to come and even though Emma is young I think she wants that too.

We reached the shopping centre and I parked in one of the busy car parks but I managed to find a space as its pretty early still. Emma got the ticket and I stuck it in the window before I locked the car and we fetched a lift down to the shopping centre.

“Where should we go first?” I ask Emma.

“Let’s go in that cloth shop. It’s new,” she smiles.

I node to agree before we go into it, I wonder if I’ll get any good cloths in here?

---------------------------------------------------------

This idea is from Helen :) thank you

I hope you enjoyed it guys

Votes and comments mean so much :)