Merlin and Helen Part One

Merlin’s POV

I stood in the fields digging up the dirt and raking it. “Hey Merlin!” called my sister Helen as she came over to me.

“Hey Helen what’s wrong?” I asked her.

“Nothing is wrong but I want you to know that me being engaged to King Cenred doesn’t change anything,” she said to me.

“I know that Helen don’t worry,” I said to her.

“I’m glad about that,” she smiled.

In a way I know this is going to change everything if I didn’t think that then I would be a fool. I knew my sister would get something from her life before myself. You have that feeling deep inside. We don’t remember our father. Uther King of Camelot came after him to Ealdor after a few years he spent with our mother. I don’t remember him much and my sister not at all. He had to leave before she was even born.

Our father has never returned as that would put not only his life in danger ours too. All thanks to Uther he keeps our family apart. Since my dad has not been with us for many years I have as I’ve grown up tried to step up and be the man in my family but it can be hard. I’m watching my sister leave and I’m still here but I want to be here with my mother. I don’t want to leave her.

“I better go help mum,” said Helen before she headed back over to our hut.

“Don’t look down Merlin. I’m still here,” laughed Emma.

I turned around to find one of my best friends, Emma. I could always rely on her to cheer me up. In a way I wish there was more between us but I’ve never found the courage to try and make it more.

“Thank you Emma that does mean a lot,” I said to her.

“Helen loves Cenred and it will help you and your mother have more money,” said Emma.

“I know that but I still can’t help but know everything is changing around me and I’m still doing nothing,” I said to her.

“You will soon. You will find a meaning to your life and you’re magic,” said Emma.

“I’m not so sure. I’m really worried about my magic. Magic is forbidden but magic is all I am,” I said to her.

“I know I can’t understand but I know,” said Emma as she made me put my rake down and she brought me into a hug.

“Helen deserves this,” I said.

“She does. You will find something you deserve soon enough too,” smiled Emma.

--------------------------------------------

Here you go guys

This idea i got from HelenEmry's- THANKS

I hope you all enjoyed it thanks for reading

Comments and votes would mean a lot cheers