Lost sound

What if when a troll looses his string it effects their health?)
——————————-/————————————

"So, I'm gonna need your string bro." Queen Barb of the hard rock trolls demanded with a devious smile. Her spiked red hair, dusty purple skin, and double piercings adding to the punk style already established by her gothic clothing.

King Trollex was admittedly intimidated by the troll standing within a submarine that imitated the makings of a piranha only seen in nightmares, but stood his ground. "We lose our string, we lose our music. I won't give it up to you."

Barb dramatically rolled her eyes at the deep blue techno troll's refusal before raising her arm high with a guitar pic at the ready, "I gave you a chance, but I'll be taking your string regardless. Once I have all the strings united, all music will be destroyed. Except for ROCK!" Barb dropped her arm, letting the pic strike her guitar and send out a powerful blast of rock streams that sent King Trollex and his trolls flying back like feathers in a storm.

King Trollex managed to catch himself, taking in the reality of the disadvantage his trolls were at. The chances of his trolls being able to defend themselves against the rock trolls was next to zero. They'd all be wiped out without mercy. Most had already hidden within small caves or been knocked out cold from the blast or resulting impacts with other objects. There was only one way out of this situation that didn't result in more harm to he fellow techno trolls. Mustering up his remaining strength, King Trollex swam back up to the lead submarine. "Stop! You win, I'll give you the string."

Barb smirked as Trollex held the string out in offering. Watching the blue string dance in his hand one last time before Barb stomped forward and snatched the techno string harshly, releasing a triumphant laugh while holding up the string like a trophy.
"You have what you came for now leave my home." Trollex demanded, capturing her attention.

Barb tilted her head down to him, watching him hover in the spot for a moment before shrugging. "Alright fish troll, I'm done hanging around this techno trash anyway. Rock trolls were heading out!" She ordered. Shooting Trollex a quick wink before the mouth of submarine zipped closed and the rock fleet retreated from sight. Leaving a trail of pollution across their home.

Trollex watched them disappear with relief, but that relief was quickly replaced with despair at the loss of their string and music. Their ability to sing and create new techno lyrics vanished with the ships. The other techno trolls were starting to recover from the blast and reappear from their hiding spots. No one seemed to be badly hurt, but most were wearing frightened faces. Scrambling up to him with waves of concerns.
"What are we going to do King Trollex?"
"They took the string!"
"How will we make music?"
"Is this the end for us?"
King Trollex did his best to calm his panicking subjects, before a sudden dizziness struck him. As the string grew further away and his connection with it weakened so to did Trollex. He held his head as the world spun and the other troll's silhouettes blurred. The other trolls had quickly noticed the sudden change. Their digital tails flicking around with worry.
"King Trollex?"
"What's wrong?"
"He must've been hit hard by the blast."
Trollex raised his hand weakly to try and reassure them, but no sooner that he did his body lost all strength and he plundered.
Gasps and screams erupted from the techno trolls. Several of them immediately raced after him, their quick reaction allowed them to catch up quick and catch Trollex before he could crash. The trolls carried him down to a solid surface and laid him down carefully. Taking care not to crowd him so he had space to breathe. King Trollex felt like the music he'd sworn to protect was literally being ripped from his body the further the string was taken. His digital heart flickered on his chest, losing colour as he finally passed out and everything went dark.
When his eyes finally cracked open it was bright. It took a few moments before Trollex could fully open them, when he did he was greeted by the familiar faces of his techno trolls leaning over him with concerned expressions. A wave of relief seemed to wash over them when he finally returned their gaze.
"King Trollex you're awake!"
"We thought you were dead!"
"Alright, all of you give him space." The olive techno troll with flowing yellow hair exclaimed while shooing the rest away from his bed. Trollex attempted to sit up, but the same olive troll gently pushed him back down, "you shouldn't get up yet King Trollex your heart is still dim."
Trollex tilted his chin to see for himself, she was right. The once red heart on his chest was now dimmed to a greyish shade. Attempting to move also reminded him of how weak he presently was, surrendering he laid back down. Trollex glanced at the others. "What happened after," he paused. "After the string was stolen?" He asked since his memory of the event was fuzzy.
An orange troll spoke up first. "You just fell, it was quite a shock. A few trolls caught you in time and brought you here." She explained with a slight shiver.
"The doctor said that your body experienced a severe shock from the sudden connection loss from the string and our music." The olive troll finished for her.
Trollex let out a defeated sigh, but nods. "Be sure to thank the ones who caught me, I'm fine now so please go see to any others that were injured in the blast."
They nod and exited the room, leaving Trollex alone. Once the hallway was quiet Trollex waited a moment then pushed himself out of bed and unlatched the window. Escaping to rescue the techno string by any means necessary, he failed to protect their music and wouldn't rest until he'd stolen it back.