Chapter 8: Rebellious

They made their way downstairs and the savory smell of chicken filled the house.

Downstairs in the dining room, Lain saw Mallix prepping their plates and cleaning the kitchen.

"That looks delicious" she said setting a quiet Kaila down into a high chair. The poor girl was practically back asleep, her head instantly falling down onto the table.

"Come on sleepy, wake up" Mallix patted the small girls back trying to encourage her to wake.

Slowly Kaila's head came up she tried wiping away her sleep from her eyes with her fists.

The couple couldn't help but coo at how adorable she was. This was something they had been dreaming of since the day they laid eyes on the small girl.

But they knew to savor this moment while it lasted cause once Kaila got her bearings again they were going to have to deal with a grouchy baby.

They watched and waited for her to adjust. At first she merely whined simply because she was awoken from her sleep, but soon, as expected she was eyes wide open looking at her situation.

'Great! Just great! Now I'm stuck in a high chair! What other crazy baby gadgets do they have just laying around here?!' She freaked out seeing the couple sitting on the table while she was sat at the end in the high chair.

Kaila panicked looking around and trying her best to find out how to remove the table top placed in front of her. But it was pointless Lain just gave her a mischievous smile, "stop Kaila. The locks are in the back of your chair, only we can reach it. Now come on and eat up, I know a certain pretty little girl is hungry."

"Let me out of this!" She whined hitting her fists against the table, and kicking her legs.

"No baby, it's time to eat. I'll let you out of it after you've cleaned your plate." Mallix spoke taking a bite of the chicken.

She saw a plate full of food neatly made and placed on the table in front of her, and an idea struck.

'If they won't let me out of this now, then I can always make them.' The rebellious plan of hers was about to take effect.

Lain and Mallix had started a conversation with one another, mainly about business, but were quickly brought out of it when a chunk of chicken hit Lain's face.

They both turned seeing Kaila armed with ammo throwing all of her cut up pieces of chicken at them.

Most were thrown just slightly off to the side, but Kaila did manage to hit both of them quite a few times.

The anger on their faces made it clear she was in for a treat. Simultaneously they stood up and walked over to the small girl.

They towered over her in the seat, and with nowhere to run Kaila simply slouched down as far as she could go.

But was quickly stopped when Lain lifted her up and Mallix undid the locks on the seat.

Kaila wanted to stand up now that the table top was removed but she had nowhere to move. They both stood in front of her chair blocking her way down.

"We do not throw food Kaila. That was not very nice of you to go and hit us with your chicken. We know your still adjusting but this behavior isn't allowed in this house. And clearly a timeout wasn't enough to help you learn your lesson. Because you decided to waste your foo-"

"No! That's not fair! I'm not adjusting to anything I want to leave! Now stop talking to me like I'm some child!" Kaila argued back at Mallix who had an annoyed look on his face.

As much as Kaila felt confident in her standing up for herself, neither of the duo could take her seriously in a fuzzy onesie sitting in the high chair.

"Kaila you do not interrupt us when we talk to you. Apologize right now." Lain crosses her arms looking down at the small girl completely ignoring her previous statement.

"Apologize?! No way! You guys should apologizing to me! Now get out of my way I'm leaving." The small girl commanded trying to hop out of the chair but the couple simply stood closer blocking way for her legs.

Both Lain and Mallix looked at each other, the glare they sent Kaila could only be described as something to induce fear.

Mallix broke his stance taking a deep breathe in and out. "Listen Kaila...I know your new to this, but if you raise your voice with us or tell us off again. You will get a spanking." His tone was deep.

'Spanking?! He won't spank me...would he? No way, he's not my dad. He's got nothing on me, he's just trying to scare me so I'll stay here with them and go along with all of this.' She concluded.

"Now apologize Kaila, your behavior this afternoon has been intolerable." Mallix resumed his big scary stance along side Lain.

"N.O." Kaila spelt out making her point. She crossed her own arms, 'two can play at that game.' She thought to herself feeling prideful.

But she was fast to realize she was wrong. Aggressively Mallix lifted her up out of the seat and stood her upright.

Moving behind her, he sent a hard slap against the back of her legs. She whined jumping at the instant of collision.

Kaila didn't know why she did, but she turned over to Lain looking at her for comfort but she simply bent down in front of Kaila and spoke, "since you want to keep misbehaving and won't eat your dinner on your own, I'm going to feed you. But once that is over Mallix and you are going to be heading back upstairs for some lines."

Kaila gave the biggest of puppy eyes. The sight was enough to soften Lain, but she had to stand her ground. "No, now let's go have some chicken."

Lain picked Kaila up onto her hip and sat down as Mallix went to go fix another plate of food for Kaila.

He set it down in front of Lain and watched as she fed Kaila all her food. The little girl whined throughout it all, but one look at Mallix silenced her.

Finally when her plate was clean Lain went to tidy up the area, which took a long amount of time as she was finding pieces of chicken in the oddest of places. Meanwhile Mallix took Kaila upstairs to the bland room she was in only a few hours ago.

This time instead of sitting in the lonely chair she was sat at the desk as he placed a paper and pencil in front of her. "I want you to write I will not throw my food or interrupt people as they speak twenty times baby. Then when your done you can have a nice bath and maybe a bottle before bedtime. I'll be in my office waiting, I want you to come and show me when your done." He said before walking out of the room.

'Bottle?! These people are serious! I don't wanna write lines! B-but what if he spanks me again! I don't want that!' Kaila sighed to herself, was she really about to give in to them. Not wanting another spanking or being scolded she found herself writing the lines neatly across the page. Her hand was beginning to hurt by the seventeenth line but she continued on. 'Almost done'.
———————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off