Chapter 44: Little Boutique

Once all the ice cream was devoured they packed back up into the car and Kaila couldn't be happier being reunited with Mr. Tuffy.

The car ride was loud and busy as the small girl in the back seat was constantly talking to the couple or to her stuffed friend. They could tell the ice cream was taking its toll on her.

She was talking about anything and everything that was in view, which contained mainly of little buildings. Finally the car ride went quiet and the sudden change worried the couple. Lain turned back seeing Kaila staring intently outside at the different buildings that passed before slowly turning her head to face the taller woman.

"Where are we going?" She asked sounding rather confused. This wasn't the way home.

"It's a surprise baby." Lain put her finger to her lips not spilling the secret location they were heading to.

That secrecy instantly made Kaila quiet down, she was too caught up in her own mind thinking of all the different possible places they could be going to. Meanwhile in the front seats, the couple happily enjoyed the silence for the rest of the ride.

They were nearing their destination and the second a little boutique came into view Kaila was practically sticking her head out of the window trying to get a better look.

Pulling into the parking lot Kaila was giggling to herself as she was trying to look through the large tinted glass windows.

Before stepping out of the car both Lain and a Mallix turned to face Kaila. "Alright, I need you to be on your best behavior in here baby. We're going to meet up with one of my friends." Lain said. She nodded her head still eagerly trying to look in the store.

After getting Kaila out of the car the couple grabbed hold of her hands again the second she got out, not wanting a repeat of earlier.

As Mallix opened the small white door for them, it was as if a beam of light lit on Kaila's face. She looked around excitedly at all the clothes and accessories.

She was admiring all the different assortment of clothes the boutique had to offer. When finally a woman wearing a white pantsuit with long black curly hair was waving Lain down.

"Is that the famous Lain Colden, walking around my boutique." She said with a playfully sarcastic tone.

"In the flesh," Lain laughed opening her arms wide embracing the woman who was just as tall as she was, if not more. "How have you been N?"

"Well, I've been as well as you can be while still struggling to make a name for myself." She chuckled before turning to hug Mallix.

"It's been a long time." He chuckled.

"Too long for my liking I miss my partner in crime." She playfully shoulder bumped Lain.

"Now who is this adorableness?" She finally turned her attention to Kaila as she was making her way behind Lain.

The taller woman pulled her in front of herself rubbing Kaila's tense shoulders to help calm her down. "This is Kaila, can you say hi to Nina please baby."

Kaila blushes instantly being called that nickname in front of someone else. She nervously waved as she said hi before trying to hide again behind Lain.

"Don't worry precious, Nina here knows all about our lifestyle. You don't have to be all shy." Mallix grabbed hold of Kaila's hand bringing her to his side.

"Precious?" Nina laughed at Mallix.

"What? It's a cute nickname and I can't help that she's just the most precious thing. It fits nicely I think." He defended showing off Kaila to prove his point.

Lain and Nina laughed at him while Kaila just turned a brighter shade of pink. "What a pretty dress you have there Kaila. Is it one of your mommy's works?" She winked bending down slightly in front of the small girl.

She nodded her head before the mocha skinned beauty stood back up looking at Lain, "the dress is amazing. I love the color choices."

"Thanks, it was part of my scrap pile but once this little one saw it, she wanted it. And now, she's the only one who'll have a dress like it." Lain flipped her hair sassily.

Mallix checked his watch as the two women continued talking. "We should just go before they get into fabrics. Otherwise we're going to be here a while." He bent down whispering into Kaila's ear causing her to giggle.

"What's going on over there?" Lain asked smiling.

"Nothing," Mallix threw his hands up, "but we should get going now babe. The reservations." He reminded tapping his watch.

"That's right. Let me go grab my bag and we can head out." Nina excused herself disappearing into a back room.

While they waited Lain and Mallix began talking to themselves as Kaila drifted away in the small shop looking at all the clothes. On the tags she could see the same print over and over again detailing the stylist. "All these clothes were made by Nina sweetie. Do you see anything you like?" Lain startled Kaila from behind.

But she did see some things and pointed them out to Lain who grabbed them all and walked to the register with no hesitation.

As if on cue Nina walked out with her purse in hand, "did she find something she liked?"

Lain nodded about to put the clothes up to the register when Nina snatched them from her hands.

"Don't be silly Lain, here." She packed them away nicely into bags and handed it back over the counter.

"Nina that's like three hundred dollars worth of clothes your just giving me." Lain argued but Nina was quick to put her hand up in her face.

"I know what I'm giving you Lain, consider it a favor. You owe me one. Plus she's just too cute," she paused turning her attention to the shy girl besides Lain, "maybe you'd like to come and model them for me sometime." She winked as her perfectly white teeth smiled.

Kaila blushed but smiled excitedly turning to Lain for an answer, "it's up to you cutie."

A wide smile spread across her face and Kaila nodded happily accepting the offer. "This little one doesn't like talking does she?" Nina joked around walking around the counter.

"No she's usually talking to us or her stuffed bear." Lain smiled down grabbing Kaila's hand while Nina cooed.  They followed Mallix who was leading them out of the boutique and to the car.

Mallix and Nina got the front seats while Lain and Kaila were in the back. The three friends all began talking to one another reminiscing old times while Kaila was snuggling close to Mr. Tuffy in her seat.
——————————————————————————
A/N: I hope you all have a good new year! This year one of my resolutions is get my life together. What's some of your news years resolutions?

Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off