Chapter 40: Good News

Up on the second floor Mallix put Kaila down on her tummy in the middle of a colorful mat surrounded by rattles and toys that lit up and made noises. The couple watched happily as Kaila began interacting with the items around her and how curious she was with them.

"How are we suppose to know who to call when Kaila's not exactly in the right mindset now?" Lain whispered to her husband as they began walking away to their offices.

They were stopped when they heard their little girl crying out to them with open arms. "Hey don't cry precious, your ok. Mommy and I are just going to go have a little talk really quick. Stay here and play with your toys ok." He bent down in front of the small girl.

She whined but nodded watching sadly as they walked away. As soon as they were out of sight the poor thing broke out into tears but was soon engulfed with interest in a small elephant rattle besides the mat.

The duo walked into their offices closing the doors to a crack to give them some privacy. "So, what are we suppose to do babe?" Lain asked sitting on top of her husbands lap who had sat down on his office chair.

"Let's just wait til Kaila's feeling a little bigger. Right now I really don't want to disturb her. We finally got her to a point where she feels safe with us and trusts us enough to take care of her." He rested his head upon his wife's shoulder.

"You have a point, I just wish we could get this over with already and forget all this nonsense." Lain breathed out. "Babe, what about earlier?"

"What are you talking about?" He turned her around so she was straddling his hip.

Wrapping her arms around his neck she began to speak, "I told you Kaila asked if she could ever see her friends again. I think we should let her, it'll be something small but she can still have the freedom to do what she wants."

Mallix grunted rubbing his head, "I want her to be able to babe, but what happens if they disapprove of this, or go and tell someone their not suppose to, or worst change Kaila's mind about all of this and she decides she doesn't want to be here with us."

"That's not going to happen." Lain stood up reaching her hand out for her husband. He took her offered hand and followed her to the doors. She cracked them open pointing to their now happy girl playing with the rattle and toys around her. "Look, she's happy here. I don't think they'll be able to change her mind about this." She closed the door again to a crack before they resumed their earlier position on the chair.

"So what do you think? Can she?" Lain asked with pleading eyes.

Her husband growled and rolled his eyes, "I want to talk to them first. If I approve then she can see them. But if she's going to hang out with them, she's getting rules."

"Oh of course she is, I am not letting my baby out without letting her know what is expected of her." Lain defended herself. "But...was that a yes?" She smirked wanting confirmation to the obvious answer.

"Yes babe, she can see them." He gave in laughing as his wife collapsed on his chest giving him a hug. After a kiss to the lips she pulled out, "Kaila's going to be so excited to know this. Let's go tell her." Lain's was bouncing with excitement. She wanted to be able to give Kaila everything, and now she was doing just that.

She rushed out of the office with her husband trudging behind. As Kaila saw them coming closer to her she happily started giggling to herself offering the rattle to Lain, since she had gotten to their small girl first.

"Thank you cutie." She took it rattling the small elephant. "Do you like the rattle honey?"

Nodding her head excitedly Kaila crawled into Mallix's lap as he sat besides her. "Well hello there precious." He began running his hand in small circles along her body, but stopped on her stomach. Instead of circles he attacked, tickling his little girl into a laughing fit.

"S'op!" She managed to get out in between laughing and heavy breathing. Giving in Mallix stopped and was rubbing her stomach instead. "We have some good news for you baby."

Her eyes lit up and she sat up bouncing lightly in his lap looking between the duo for someone to tell her the good news. Their both laughed not able to contain how adorable she was being.

"Well, I talked to daddy like I said I would, and we've agreed that it is ok if you want to see your friends again." As soon as Lain finished her sentence Kaila was out of Mallix's laps running around the play area squealing in excitement.

As much as they wanted to tell her not to run in the house, they knew she was happy and let her get all the excitement out. Finally after running in circles and chanting a series of "thank you" she collapsed again hanging half way off both of them. The top half of her laid in Lain's lap, while her bottom half laid across Mallix's legs.

"You all done?" He chuckled raising his eyebrow up at the girl. She put her hand to her chin thinking before shaking her head. She got up off them and went up to Lain hugging her close and pressing an innocent kiss on her cheek before repeating the same process to Mallix.

"Now!" She squealed happy clapping her hands together as she sat across from both of them who were staring with loving eyes down at her.

"But we do have some rules that you will need to follow while your out which are for your safety." Kaila listened closely nodding her head not wanting them to change their mind.

"But first things first, I want to speak with all of them. I want to know who your going to be hanging out with." Mallix interrupted looking seriously at his small girl.

"C-can I call Lauren now!" Their little girl couldn't contain how much of an eager bunny she was being. "You can talk to her! A-and I'll ask her about the station!" She was practically bouncing in her seat excited to be able to talk to Lauren after so long.

"Sure thing baby, here you go." Lain's smiled handing her open phone to Kaila and the couple watched as she ran back to the corner of the room ready to talk to her best friend.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off