Chapter 53: Fashion Show

The ride was silent and the air was thick with everyone on edge. Finally pulling into the parking lot of the boutique the family stepped out of the car while Nina met them at the entrance.

"What's wrong with you guys? You look like you've been slapped across the face by the sun." Nina approached them with wide arms and a smile before quickly dropping her arms and looking at the curiously.

But her suspicions were valid, both Lain and Mallix had a hint of red beaming on their faces emitting heat. "Were fine we just had a rough morning," Lain cleared her throat taking a breathe.

Kaila was hiding behind them shamefully keeping her head hung down hiding her red eyes not wanting to meet anyone's attention.

Mallix took a hold of her shoulder gently and pulled her up in front and faced her towards them while the couple bent down facing her. She could tell a talk was coming, preparing for it she held Mr. Tuffy close to her chest.

"Kaila, I know you want to come with us but you're going to have such a fun day with Aunt Nina. She has  fun activities planned for you guys and I suggest you not make ruin her fun by acting up." Mallix scolded and warned. Unlike earlier his voice was more calmed but had a hint of irritation still in it.

"Be good Kaila, I don't want to get a call about any behavior issues. We will be back before you know it. Daddy and I have given Nina the authority to punish you if she needs it so don't think that just because we aren't here you can get away with things." Lain took her turn telling the small girl what was expected of her.

They stood up tall talking to Nina for another ten minutes going over their schedule, what Kaila had in her bag, and other concerned parents talk.

As they hugged her goodbye the duo slowly looked over to their shy girl looking fondly out the large windows. Mallix cleared his throat making Kaila jump as she faced them, a thumb stuck into her mouth.

"We're going to go now Kaila, I mean it behave. Your going to have a nice time, ok, enjoy it." Mallix bopped her nose before kissing it.

Circling her in Lain and Mallix both securely held this little one tight to their hearts, giving her pecks on the head.

A small smile crept its way to Kaila's face as they pulled out waving goodbye as they left. But the second the door shut and the realization that they had left her hit. She pressed her face up against the window pounding her fist against the window calling out for them as they got back into the car.

Her little mind telling her that was the best option that the door only a few feet away from her.

Her heart fell out of her chest watching them drive off, and the waterworks were approaching. She felt a warm hand on her shoulder squeezing lovingly, and soon a tall body pressed against her back. Kaila rested the back of her head against the woman while her other hand circled around her chest.

Slowly her breathing eased and the tears that threatened to fall vanished. "I know it's sad seeing them go. But they'll be back to get you later." Nina bent down turning Kaila's body around. "How about we go and have a fashion show? You can try on anything I have." Nina suggested taking the small girls hand and leading her through the back door.

There she found herself in a little room with a large office table and vending machines lined against the wall. But in the far side was a door.

Plastered on the front of it had a giant N decoration. Inside the room was decent sizing and looked almost identical to Lain's. She had racks of fabrics and sketchbooks everywhere. Somewhere to the side of her oddly organized desk was a bean bag chair that she sat Kaila on.

After taking the backpack from her, Nina hung it up behind the door and went to grab two dresses behind her clustered desk.

In one hand she held a long maroon dress with a long V-neck slit. The dress curved caving in at the waist bone and expanding again by the thigh, suiting the hour glass shape.

In her other had a pastel purple knee high dress that was meant for spring as the design made it for breeze to have easy access to blow the bottom of it around. On the front center of the chest of the dress had a heart shape cut out.

"You like them?" Nina looked over seeing Kaila's jaw hanging low as a little drool nearly left her mouth before she snapped up looking at the woman holding them.

Nina chuckled to herself, "well that answers my question. Would you like to try them on?" She moved closer to Kaila noticing her eyes were following the purple dress in her hands, her jaw seemingly dropping ever so slightly again.

Putting the other to the side Nina held it in front of the small girl checking it out, "you seem like the perfect little girl to be the first to step foot into that dress. Here you go," she handed the dress over watching Kaila giggle to herself and raced up holding it in front of her twirling it around.

"Do you need help putting that on or do you want to do it yourself?" Nina opened the door prepared to leave when Kaila merely shook her head at her beginning to whine softly.

"I'm going to take that as you want me to help you put that on" Nina laughed hard shutting the door again and grabbed the dress back from Kaila. She laid it out neatly over her mess of a desk and watched Kaila's reaction as she went to pull her jumper off.

When the girl didn't even flinch at the sudden breeze of cold air and kept her eyes glued to the dress Nina took the jumper and set it aside. Grabbing the dress she put it around Kaila's head, helping to snake her arms through the fabric and into the proper holes.

Fixing the dress Nina stood back admiring the princess in front of her. "Oh wait!" Nina ran behind her desk digging through a side drawer pulling out even more lose fabric and sewing equipment before chuckling, "found it."

She hid what she grabbed behind her back as she walked over to Kaila, "close your eyes" she instructed watching as Kaila happily shut them.

After waving her hand in her face and getting no response Kaila could feel her hair being shifted around and a hard object run it's way along her scalp.

"Now you can open" she rushed to open them eyes bug eyed at the mirror Nina was now holding in front of her face. Kaila could now see herself in the dress, but her favorite part of it all was the lavender gem in the center of the sparkling crown upon her head.

"I'm a princess!" She squealed bounding around before taking the mirror from Nina's hand aggressively holding it to herself with a large smile.

Meanwhile Nina rolled her eyes at the girl playfully watching as she kept trying to look at the crown on her head.

Pulling her phone out Nina snapped a picture of Kaila sending it over to Lain as she was only a few steps away from the courthouse with Mallix by her side.
——————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off