Chapter 3: Kidnapped

Blinking slowly her eyes started opening, she tiredly looked up and saw her room exactly the same as it's suppose to be. "It was all just a dream. One big horrible dream!" She said to herself pulling on her sheets getting comfortable.

She shut her eyes once again and turned her body, slamming her forehead into something hard. "Owwy!" She yelled out as she shot her eyes open. Being more awake and aware now she realized this was indeed her room, just not at her house.

All her stuff was here, and so were additional things. One of the most notable changes was when she focused on what she was laying in.

Her bedsheet was the same except for the tall bars that went up caging her in.

She sat up quickly shaking the bars. When that did nothing she stood up feeling a strange sensation of something fuzzy.

Looking down she realized she was not in the clothes she last remembered she was in.

Where her work uniform should be, was instead a full body onesie, attached at the neckline was a pacifier.

"What the...what is all this stuff?! Why am I in a giant crib?! Who in their right mind put me here?!" She had plenty of questions swirling though her mind, but these were the most predominant ones that filled her head.

The bars to the crib went up to her mid-chest level. She pondered the idea of climbing out. It was short enough for her to be able to get over, but the drop. That was what was worrying her. She'd have to drop a little to the ground and she didn't want to alarm whoever was in this house with a loud thud.

Trying to find an alternative solution she tried figuring out how to drop the bars. She fumbled and played with the lock to the crib, but it was pointless. Nothing she had done worked.

Finally not having any other option, she lifted her leg up and over the bar before getting her other out. She used all her core strength to lower herself as close to the ground as possible. When she could no longer hold it, she dropped only making a small noise.

'Out of the crib, check'. Next order of business get her normal clothes and then get out of this place.

She walked up to her dresser, but instead of finding all her clothes she found neatly folded up piles of baby clothes.

In a panic she pulled out every article of clothing seeing if her clothes were anywhere in there.

When she couldn't find any, she moved into the closet. Her mouth dropped finding it full of dresses with frills and bows.

"Where are all my clothes!" She frustratedly told herself, once again she started throwing things out of their place looking for her own adult clothing.

Finally in the farthest corner at the top of the closet, she found a tiny box. Inside held the clothes she remembered wearing last night.

She struggled finding the zipper to the onesie, it was on her back. 'Well great!' She thought as she started thinking of how to undo it.

Reaching her arms back only got her so far, she got it down to her mid back but couldn't reach it anymore.

Looking around she picked up a coat hanger, it was going to be tricky but it was worth a try. She maneuvered the hanger using her vanity mirror to hook the zipper and dragged it down.

Finally climbing out of it, she put back on her normal clothing. Peaking out of the window she saw she a line of huge mansion like houses. 'Where am I?!'

She went up to the bedroom door and twisted the knob, silently accepting a victory when it opened.

Looking around she saw nobody around and tiptoed her way through the house. It was massive. There had to be at least ten rooms each with their own bathrooms.

She finally found the stairs, but was shocked to find a baby gate blocking it off. But it wasn't a normal small one, it was as tall as the crib was when she stood.

"What is up with all of these huge baby things?!" She whispered to herself struggling to figure out how to undo the lock again.

Five minutes passed and here she was an eighteen year old girl struggling to get past a giant baby gate. She finally gave up frustrated with herself for not being able to solve such a simple task.

'There's got to be another way.' She looked around the floor she was on. Seeing a window at the end of the extremely long hall, she peaked out seeing she had to have been three stories off the ground.

She was beyond panicked and annoyed now more than ever. Running through her options she knew she could either work that baby gate until it opened, or wait until whoever put her here let her out.

And no way was she going to go with the second one.

Sitting down in front of the gate she kept playing with the lock trying to get it sorted out. But it just wasn't working.

Forgetting her predicament for a split second she growled loudly. Catching herself she stopped and covered her mouth with her hands as she gasped, her eyes went wide.

From the echoing walls she could hear footsteps coming up the stairs. 'Great! Good going Kaila!' She scolded herself getting up and running into a room at the end of the hall.

Before she could see the contents of the room she quietly shut the door upset that there wasn't a lock. Instead she pressed her little body weight against it. Finally taking the time to look around her jaw dropped.

Inside was a toy goldmine. Every possible toy imaginable was here, every coloring book, every stuffed animal, everything. The walls were painted white with butterfly wall stickers all over and one wall was entirely made up of a white board.

"Kaila?" A very faint woman's voice could be heard through the walls. It was soft but got very nervous fast.

"Babe the baby's missing!"

Finally she heard a man's voice respond frantically, "What do you mean she's missing! She has to be here on this floor the gate was still locked."

She panicked hearing them going through all the rooms on this floor. Her heart dropped when finally the dreaded moment was here— they turned the door to the room.

Using all her might she pressed against the door trying to keep it shut.

"Babe" she heard the man say from outside the room calling over the woman.

"You found her!" She said excitedly. "Kaila...Kaila I know you can hear me. Can you let us in please?"

'How do these people know my name!' She didn't respond but kept her stance.

"Oh please cutie, I don't want to have to do things the hard way." The woman pleaded again.

'Hard way? What are you talking about?!' Kaila braved herself for whatever was going to happen now that she hadn't replied again.

Outside the door she heard the woman sigh, "go ahead," she said and soon a strong force was pushing against the door.

With ease the door flung open. Kaila fell back onto the floor when in came two very tall people.
——————————————————————
Let me know what you think about Kaila's predicament. Thanks Lexx signing off