Chapter 21:Temper Tantrum

As the night sky faded away and the bright morning sky awakened Mallix, he yawned and stretched his arms high over his head. He blinked tiredly looking over the side of the bed, someone was missing.

Where the small girl had fallen asleep now laid emptied. He stood up and walked out into the hallway seeing the baby gate to the stairs locked. 'She's up here somewhere' he narrowed down before continuing to walk. He almost didn't hear it, small whimpers behind a bathroom door.

He went for the handle finding it locked in place. Gently knocking, "Kaila? Kaila baby are you in there?" He asked worried.

But to his relief he heard a louder whimper respond to him from behind the door. "Precious, can you open this door please."

"N-n..." an unrecognizable gagging noise came from behind the door. "No," Kaila muttered out weakly, sounding as if she were ready to hurl at any moment.

"Please baby, let me in," he started pounding louder on the door desperate to get in to help. After only hearing more gagging, Mallix couldn't think of what else to do. He backed up against the hall wall and body slammed into the door.

Inside he could hear cries, and from behind him an tired and annoyed looking Lain walks to him. "Babe?"

It didn't stop him though, all that was coursing through his head were two words, 'get inside!' He repeated over and over to himself throwing himself into the door, until eventually the hinges were ready to fall off the wall. Taking hold of the handle and with one more heavy thrust, the door was slammed wide open.

"Babe what the he..." Lain shouted before seeing the poor girl in the bathroom curled up against the toilet bowl hurling her guts out into the bowl.

She placed her hand over the small girls head, sure she felt warm but it was no where near what she had thought the girl should be.

"Fever?" Mallix asked as he started running a mildly cold bathe for Kaila.

Lain shook her head before taking the onesie off Kaila and setting her into the bath. Kaila was pale, her skin was as white as a ghosts and she looked as if she had been starved.

The second her body touched the cold water Kaila whined trying to get out. Only to be pushed back down by the two giants who took a seat on the edge of the tub, trapping her in.

Mallix had decided to stay in case Kaila needed something, or Lain needed help, but Kaila didn't whine nor care. She couldn't. The only thing occupying her mind was how bad her throbbing headache was, and how she was breathing irregularly trying to make up for loss air.

The higher the water filled the more Kaila whined feeling herself become even colder. "Calm down cutie, look." Lain's tried distracting Kaila by splashing the water slightly making waves. But as the water touched Kaila she began to whine even more.

"I'll be back" Mallix announced before running out of the bathroom. Lain looked puzzled before turning her attention back to the small girl who was ready to just about pass out.

A few minutes later Mallix ran in gripping something in his hand. He took his seat again before gently rubbing Kaila's back. He moved his arm grabbing hold of the poor girls jaw and opened it before slipping one of the girls pacifiers into her mouth.

Her crying softened and the couple sighed. Well Lain was sighing before Kaila rested her wet body against her legs, soaking her pajama bottoms in the process.

It was something to get used to but soon it was out of Lain's mind as she just ran her fingernails through Kaila's scalp, gently massaging as her cried disappeared completely.

"That's it baby" Mallix pressed a kiss against the wet baby's head.

"Let's go try getting some food into that empty tummy." Lain's playfully cooed before she stood Kaila up blowing a raspberry on her tummy.

Kaila giggled around the pacifier, allowing Lain to help her dry off and get back into a clean pair of clothes Mallix brought in earlier.

Downstairs Mallix moved the coffee table away from the semicircle couch and reached down pulling the bottom of the chair up, converting it into a semi bed.

There were fluffy blankets, bottles of water and juice along with a small bowl of what looked like apple sauce, and the tv remote all around them. They snuggled up, pressing play on the first movie.

Lain and Mallix took turns holding Kaila throughout the different movies feeding her bottles of water. Their main goal was to keep the girl distracted long enough to replenish all her nutrients she had forced out earlier.

Things were moving smoothly, Kaila took the first three movies and being fed constant water bottles helped. But the second Mallix sat her up instead of laying down she realized something was wrong. He held her down in his lap, and wrapped his strong arms around her upper torso.

Using the bright pink baby spoon he went to feed the small girl a scoop of applesauce. She was disgusted to taste a hint of medicine hiding within the deliciousness of apple sauce.

"Come one Kaila," Mallix got another spoonful ready and lowered it in front of her mouth. Nothing was going to get her to eat that nasty substance.

She whined covering her mouth with her hands before they were pried away. She was quick though, and grabbed her paci and placing it in her mouth instead.

"Cheeky girl" he tsked before pulling it out despite her cries. When Mallix tried to put another spoonful of the icky medicine into her mouth she cried out loud thrashing around under the blankets ready to throw a full blown tantrum.

Which she did, she dramatically slithered from out of his grip, out of the blanket and landing on her tummy on the floor. "Kai-" Mallix went to scold before she started flaring her arms around and jumping around the place.

"Kaila that is enough stop it!" Lain's tried scolding but that only irritated the small girl even more.

She fell onto the floor like a drama queen. The couple looked at each other, Kaila had never acted this far out before. It was really worrying them to whatever was going on in that pretty head of hers.

They debated on just letting her finish this episode before moving onto a punishment, but as soon as she kicked a wall, cutting a small scratch open on her leg, they both jumped up and went to try and put a stop to her tantrum.
——————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off