Chapter 91: The Cave

L: John, hi it's Lain. Is Kaila alright?! What's going on?! Why is she in the hospital?!

J: Lain, yeah...no don't worry Kaila's fine. She just had a little accident with our cat. I didn't know she was allergic.

L: Kaila's allergic to cats? I didn't know that.

J: Yeah she had a small reaction when our cat, Jade, got too close and sat on her lap. But we rushed her over to the hospital, and Hellen and the girls have been in the room with her keeping her company.

Taking a breathe to take everything in Lain continued.

L: Alright well thank you for that. Mallix and I are on our way. Which hospital are you guys at?

J: We took her to Fendly Medical Center.

L: Fendly? I've never heard of that hospital before.

She put her hand to her chin finding herself feeling déjà vu. 'Fendly? Where have I heard that before.' 

J: It just opened maybe a month or two ago, suppose to be the biggest one in town now. She's in good hands no doubt.

L: Alright well thanks again, well be there soon.

The line ended and she filled her nervously awaiting husband in on the news.

"She's at Fendly Medical Center with the Davenport's. John said she had an allergic reaction to a cat."

"I didn't know Kaila was allergic to anything?!" Mallix threw his head back in shock.

"Yeah I know, well have to set her up an appointment to run a full diagnosis on her so we'll know what else she's allergic to. Hellen and her girls are all waiti-"

Mallix suddenly went bug eyed throwing his hand over his wife's mouth letting his entire thought process run through his mind.

"Did you just say Fendly Medical Center?" He needed confirmation.

With her mouth still covered by his hand, Lain nodded her head watching all his hand slowly fell from her mouth to her lap as he ran out of the car and bursted into the house. Quickly following behind him, she saw Mallix hesitantly grabbing things they would need to comfort their small girl and threw them into the backseat of the car.

Nina and James were running downstairs with three bags of items packed as well, grabbing the bags from their hands Mallix tossed those into the car besides his scattered objects.

"Babe! What's going on?" Lain snatched his wrist midsprint back into the house.

"Fendly Medical Center!...Lauren Fendly! Babe! It's the hospital her parents run!"

"Ok but why would that be a problem, we already beat them in court. She's fine, it's not like her parents are just going to show up one moment to do anything about it. I doubt they even know she's in there right now."

Biting his bottom lip, Mallix grabbed his wife's hand dragging her out of the company of their guest, and into the privacy of the bathroom.

"Look, after we found out about Lauren and her connection to the Michael's I had Alex run a background on her..."

"And, what'd you find? Babe your scaring me?!" She tightened her grip on his hands.

"There's so much, I don't even know where to start."

"Anywhere?! What's wrong with Kaila at that hospital?!"

"Lauren and her family, there connected to the..." he gulped, "...the Cave."

Her face dropped immediately. Back when times were simpler there were two sides. The legal and illegal way to get things done, and the Cave was filled with nothing but illegal solutions. It was a notorious market where services, drugs, and people were sold on the daily. While it wasn't too hard to find out who was connected to such a complex organization, it was near impossible to prove their connection. Hearing that her little girl was in the care of powerful people from the Cave sent her heart down to the floor.

"Why would people connected to the Cave open a hospital?!" She questioned.

"Easy targets, people won't question if someone ends up missing in a hospital since they can be declared as dead." He answered disgusted by the harsh reality of the world.

"Still what's this have to do with Kaila?! Nobody will notice it's her, right?"

"That was just it babe, I was doing more research into Lauren and her family and no matter what I did I always ran into M&F."

"M...and...F? What's that?" She asked before facepalming shaking her head and signaling for her husband to continue.

"The two families have some tight history with one another whether their kids know it or not, and if word gets out that a Michael is admitted into their care the Fendly's are going to be all over this."

Understanding her husbands urgency to get her out, she grabbed his hand running out of the bathroom with him and into the car.

Nina and James stood baffled at the situation, they were lost by the amount of struggling the duo were doing. "We'll be back! I'll fill you in later!" Lain shouted at them as Mallix sped off their driveway.

What should've been an hour drive turned into a fifteen minute one. Breaking almost every rule imaginable the worried parents ran out of their car and into the hospital. They were met with people crowding every corner possible, while being the biggest hospital in the city, it was still packed.

Quickly getting to a receptions desk, they asked around until they found the right wing. Asking about Kaila's whereabouts they were directed to her room.

Hurrying inside they were pleased to see Kaila happily being read a book by Hellen sitting on a chair besides the bed with all three of her girls surrounding her. Tera was laying on the bed besides Kaila, while Bri and Rae were sitting in Hellen's lap. Meanwhile John was sitting in a separate corner of the room getting work done on his laptop.

"Mommy! Daddy!" Kaila happily sat up making grabby hands to them.

"Hey baby, how's my little girl doing?" Taking a soft approach not wanting to startle the small girl Lain sat besides the bed in a free chair.

"Good, but I got ouchie" a small frowned formed across her face showing a small rash and swelling along her legs.

"Look at those battle scars, I think your going to be just fine." He sent his little girl a sweet smile sitting on a free spot on the bed. He pushed her back down gently rubbing her feet softly as Hellen continued the story.

It wasn't long before the story was over and all the girls were fast asleep. "Thank you so much for helping Kaila." Lain and Mallix thanked the couple who were concerned for their girls well being.

"We've got it from here, you don't need to stay any longer." He tried to politely tell them to get out.

Shaking hands and exchanging hugs, John packed their two oldest girls into a large stroller while Hellen held Rae on her hip. Saying goodnight and goodbye, the small family left the couple to their thoughts.

"We need to get Kaila out of here." They said quietly in unison not wanting to disrupt Kaila's slumber.
——————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off