Part 16

Yamada runs across the hallway, heading towards the basement where Yuto's room is located. Inoo and Keito chases after the boy, who is crying his eyes out.

"YUTO!!" Yamada hastily opens the door. But the room is empty- literally.

Where? Where is he?

"Ryo-chan, calm down," Inoo who finally catches up with his son gasps for breath. "He- he won't be far."

Yamada bites his lips. He rushes in between Keito and Inoo who were blocking the exits and speeds upstairs.

You said you love me, you told me you won't leave me. Why can't I find you now?

He arrives at the garage, browsing through all the five cars' windows, hoping to see Yuto in one of them.

But no- the sleepyhead Yuto is not there either.

Usou...

Yamada pushes his trembling legs and storms towards his backyard, where Yuto would usually be when his head is cloudy.

Please... please be there.

Once again the young master is disappointed. Yuto is nowhere to be seen.

Yamada falls on the ground. He is lost. His heart feels like it is being crushed and his feelings are deeply wounded. His tears drop onto his thighs.

Why? Why did you leave without saying anything? Why did you break your promise?

"Yu-chan! Chii's surgery went well!"

"Is that so? Yukatta..." Yuto breaths out in relief.

"I'm so happy! I want to hug you Yu-chan!"

Yamada hears Yuto's chuckle. "I want more than that."

"You naughty!" the chubby boy sticks out his tongue, even though he is alone in the elevator.

"I love you Ryo-chan."

"Mou... why are you sounding so gloomy? Genki genki!" Yamada steps out to the basement parking where Keito is already waiting. "You can go back to sleep, I'll wake you up when I reach home, okay?"

"I love you so much," Yamada could hear a sob.

Yamada stops walking. The happiness he just felt suddenly disappeared, replaced by the feeling of uncertainty- like something terrible might happen.

"Are you crying?" he asks.

But it is only silence from the other end.

"Ne Yu-chan! What's going on?" Yamada begins to get panic. "Are you sick? Do you want me to get some medicine?"

"Ryosuke, I love you."

That was the last word said to him before Yuto hung up. Confused and scared, he was crying all the time on his way back to the mansion. Nothing that papa Inoo told him could comfort his restless thought.

And as he fears, Yuto is gone.

"Botchan," Keito kneels next to his young master. He takes off his coat and wears it on Yamada's body. "It's cold out here. Let's get back inside.

Reluctantly –and still tearful- Yamada allows himself being led into the mansion. Inoo who has been watching from afar hugs his son the moment Yamada reaches the door.