Brain Movie~Heathers

Y/N's POV
I plopped down on the bleachers outside, my gaze scanning the vast football field.
The cold wind but my face and flew wisps of hair in every direction, but I loved the quiet.

I reached into my bag and pulled out my beeper, checking to see if I had gotten anything from Betty.
Betty Finn was my good friend, and we usually rode together to and from school. So I-
"Oh, hey!" A voice interrupted my thoughts.

My eyes turned up to see Ram Sweeney, Defensive Linebacker. Uh oh.
I scooted away warily, but smiled nonetheless.
"Hi. What's up?" I sputtered out.
He looked happy.
"Nothing much," He plopped down. "How are you doing?"

I was shocked by his sudden kindness.
"I'm... fine." What do I say now? Is it still my turn to talk? I didn't usually talk to people that were so forward, or really anybody other than Betty.

"Why are you sitting out here by yourself?" He asked me. I shrugged.
"I like the quiet." I looked out across the football field, getting a wave of vivid memories of games, trying to picture Ram running across the field.
"Sorry to have ruined that for you I guess." He laughed, leaning his chin on his palm. He had the same wistful look in his eye as he stared out on the football field.

"What about you? You just the type to, walk up to random girls by themselves and chat up a storm out of the blue?" I giggled.
"Nah, just the hot ones."
The smirk on his face made my eyes dart down and my face burn.

His smirk dropped just as fast though and he buried his face in his hands.
"Uh, I'm sorry I didn't mean that. I meant... you're just- very pretty." He uncovered his face and smiled at me, a genuine warm smile.
Why was he being so nice to me?

"Are you okay?" I asked him.
His smiled dropped to something more, emotional.
"The truth is," he frowned. "I used to be a real dick." He confessed.
I stared at him for another second before erupting into heinous laughter.

He stared at me confused, but started laughing too. "Okay, I know." I scooted closer to him.
"And?" There was more to the story right?
"And... ever since the incident with that Jason kid, that day I realized how awful I was. I would've hated to die that day and my final thoughts were to have a threesome in the woods." He explained.
It did make sense, so I stuck my hand out to him.

"Fresh start then. I'm Y/N, I like musicals, (favorite movie), and to (hobby). You?"
He grinned wider than I thought possible and held my hand.
"Ram Sweeney. I like football, my best bud Kurt, The Terminator, and I'm currently trying to change my man-whore, asshole ways."
I laughed again and his face went red.

A cold gust of wind blew through and blew my hair away, sending the biting wind stinging my cheeks. My whole spine did one of those gross involuntary shake-twitch things, and Ram raised an eyebrow.
"Oh!" He pulled his letterman jacket off and wrapped it around my shoulders, the fabric immediately making me feel warmer.

"Nice to meet you." He smiled, holding his arms around me gently.
"The pleasure's all mine."
He held me tighter and leaned my head on his shoulder, wrapping the enormous jacket tighter around me.
We both sat and stared solemnly at the football field, like it was a movie.
In my brain it was, because now the images of Ram Sweeney were vivid.
I never wanted the movie to end.

.