Noctis x shy!reader | sleepyhead

Game: Final Fantasy XV
Point Of View: 2nd
Title: Sleepyhead
Description: requested by @Polli2123
(fluff) or as fluffy as I could muster... ;3
. . .

"Noct, we're here," you sing to the all but responsive prince, sleeping soundly next to you. His head dangles comfortably against the side of the car as his hand provides support.

"C'mon man, wake up!" Prompto whines at his best friend.

"Typical of the young prince," Ignis chimes in with a long sigh.

"Maybe if you kiss him, (y/n) it'll wake sleeping beauty up," Gladiolus heaves a chuckle from the front seat of the Regalia.

This sudden suggestion sends heat rushing to your cheeks. Flustered, you immediately protest the brawny man's idea. "G-gladio!" You want to sink back into your seat and hide your existence...

"Let the young lady be," Ignis scolds the other man, shaking his head.

It's only now that the sleeping lad in questioning lets out a breathy groan, muttering something along the lines of how the four of you interrupted his nap. "Morning sleepyhead~" you sing to him, offering a warm smile.

Instantly the frown he wears turns upside down. He could never maintain an attitude with you around. "Mornin'," he greets you.

"Get up, we're getting food," Prompto informs the lethargic male, licking his lips as he hops out of the car.

"We spotted this place on the map, figured we stop and get lunch," says Ignis.

At the sound of his words, Noctis is next to follow Prompto, rushing out of the comfy Regalia—the rest of the group trailing behind. "That got him up," Gladio remarks.

It's a nice diner that sits on the side of the road, a perfect stop for wayward travelers. You were excited to get your first proper meal in nearly a week. Not to shame Ignis, he was a fantastic cook himself, but it was nice for a change of pace today. Also camping was really taking its toll on you—you couldn't wait to sleep on an actual bed in a hotel (with genuine privacy). Your back sorely needed it.

"Table for five," Ignis informs the hostess who leads you all to a booth with a window.

Prompto wastes no time in bouncing to the seat closest by the fenestra. Noctis sits next to his best friend. Both Gladio and Ignis take their seats on the opposite end of the table. You decide to squeeze yourself next to Noctis. Even though the two of you often share close proximity in the car, you can't help but to blush as your leg brushes against his.

He seems to notice himself because he gently rubs his knee against yours out of playfulness. You comply to his actions and soon enough it becomes a game of footsies. That is until Ignis puts a stop to it as soon as he discerns it disruptive.

"Can't I take you anywhere without one of you acting like children?" He chides, massaging his temple as if suffering from a sudden migraine.

"Sorry, Iggy," you say—though you can't help the slight grin playing at your lips from Noctis' fingers brushing against your own under the table.

"Won't happen again..." Noctis utters.

This is when you notice his ear tinge a slight red shade. Was he embarrassed? You were too, but he was used to being scolded by his royal advisor.

"Afternoon," the waitress finally appears, halting your train of thought. "The name's Holly and I'll be your waitress for today. Can I start you off with any drinks?"

"I think we know what we want to order," Gladio speaks up.

"Yeah I'll get an omelette and a side of..." the blonde pauses before sending an ill attempt at a wink at the cute redhead. "Your number?"

"Prompto!" Ignis shoots him an icy glare.

She seems to have a sense of humor because she giggles at the young man. "Oh ho ho, we'll see there sport. Let me get my job done first then maybe we'll talk."

His freckled face lights up, "Good enough for me!"

. . .

Lunch proved to be good to you all, though Prompto left disappointed and empty handed. You were rearing at the very idea of sleeping at a hotel for the night. Holly was just so kind enough to point you all towards a place down the road—with comfortable beds.

"Time for the best rest of my life," Gladio growls as he stretches.

"I'll agree with that," Ignis nods his head.

"I need a bath," you sigh, "A nice, long, warm bath."

"Me too," Prompto joins in, wearing a frown. "She rejected me because I probably stink."

"That you do," you utter.

"Aw! You didn't have to agree with that..." he whines.

Silent, Noctis merely chuckles at him. He shoots you a smile which makes your heart flutter. It was a rare sight so you treasured each moment the prince showed a genuine face of amusement.

Parting ways with the boys you decide to finally take that much needed bath. Afterwards you relax some more and put on the tv. It's only when you're browsing through movie selections that you hear a knock at the door. Your agitation blows over as soon as you meet the familiar blue eyes you've come to cherish.

"Noct," you immediately pull him into a hug without hesitation.

"Hey, I just wanted to know what you were up to," he shines a sheepish smile.

"I was just about to watch a movie...wanna join?" This sudden burst of boldness shocks you, and your face turns red at your very own proposition.

Noctis raises an eyebrow but instantly takes you up on the offer. "What movie?"

"I dunno...haven't figured that out yet," you dryly chuckle.

Ultimately you two marathon cheesy rom coms and cuddle up together on the couch. Ignis, Gladio and Prompto are just the lucky ones to find the two of you sprawled asleep on the couch—your head on his shoulder, his arms around you the next morning.

Despite not even getting a good night's rest on a bed, you ended up with something better—waking up in Noctis Lucis Caelum's arms.