Oikawa Tooru x reader | blush some more

Anime: Haikyuu
Point Of View: 2nd
Title: Blush some more
Description: (fluff)
As the sister of Iwaizumi, you've always been close to Oikawa and have harbored a crush since childhood. Now you find yourself going to the same school as him.
. . .

"(y/n)-chaaaan~" Oikawa sings, clutching your smaller body close to his. The older boy's arms are wound around your shoulders, face nudging against your hair. Despite your protests your head is unable to move away from his chest.

"I'm so happy you've decided to come to Seijou!" the boy fervently shakes your body side to side maintaining a warm embrace.

"Cut that out, will ya?" Iwaizumi's sharp voice scolds as he shakes his head at his best friend. Oikawa's lips contort into a playful pout as he retracts his hands away from you.

"Iwa-chan," the brunette whines, "you're no fun..."

"My poor little sis looked like she couldn't breathe..." your brother huffs an exasperated sigh.

The three of you were standing just outside the entrance to the school. If it weren't for Oikawa's overzealous reactions, you would have been in awe. It was your first day of high school after all and you were nothing but a bundle of nerves. Your mind was going a mile a minute—you could barely keep track of your thoughts.

As the boys continue to bicker with one another you take the chance to look around at the students arriving through the main entrance. Noticing several girls glaring at you, you suddenly feel self conscious.

Just the fact you were standing in the mere presence of Oikawa Tooru himself would be enough for any girl to envy you.

You were used to it by now though, you did know him your entire life after all. Ever since childhood you had to deal with countless girls vying for Oikawa's affections. Practically growing up with him was a pain; though he had always been the same lovable dork since he was a kid.

Okay—maybe he only got cuter as he got older...and maybe you've been smitten with him ever since you could remember.

But you always rationalized it as merely a crush that'd fade away with time. That you'd eventually get over it.

That's what you always told yourself.

But these feelings only became worse whenever you'd see these girls all over him. That was something you could never get over.

Oikawa was always popular among the girls. This was just something you'd have to endure this time around.

"Ah that's right-!" The pretty boy shines a wide grin to you, "you're gonna have to call me senpai now!"

You let out a scoff, "In your dreams."

"Ouch. You should show your upperclassman some respect, you know," he pouts to you.

Another sigh escapes your lips, "Would 'Oikawa-senpai' please you?"

The boy's brown eyes light up as if you've struck a nerve in him. "Yes! Say it again...one more time...!"

"I'm not saying it again..." you puff out your cheeks.

"Now address me as just senpai!"

"I'm not going to let you abuse your new privileges!"

"(y/n)-chan, please?" you could swear the boy actually bats his eyelashes at you.

You cross your arms in protest. And yet you knew no matter what Oikawa would always get what he wanted.

"Will kissing you change your mind?"

Heat ran to your cheeks though you tried so hard not to blush. You couldn't help the fact that your heart leapt at his sudden proposal.

"Watch it, dumbass," your brother seethes at his best friend, warning him not to jest any further.

At this the brunette's lips seal immediately. He knew better than anyone not to push Iwaizumi's buttons, though it didn't stop him from sending you a flirtatious wink.

. . .

Bustling conversations swirl around the small classroom. You're sat at your desk, a bento in front of you where you're content with having lunch by yourself.

"(y/n)-chan!" the familiar hum catches your attention.

Your head whips around towards the door where the bubbly brunette stands, a mischievous grin plastered on his face. You stand yourself up, tilting your head in curiosity as to why Oikawa's here to see you.

"Wanna have lunch with me?" He holds up a bento of his own.  His mere smile is enough to make your stomach flip.

You let out a playful scoff, "Why not," grabbing your own lunch and following him up to the rooftop—ignoring the glares of your fellow classmates.

The two of you are greeted by a gust of wind; the boy takes no time plopping himself against the fence. "Nice day," he remarks happily.

"You come up here often?" You ask, taking in the view of the beautiful green trees.

"Sometimes. Other times I spend my lunch break with Iwa-chan. It's a nice spot when you want some alone time though."

"I can see that," you sit yourself next to him before finally digging in to your lunch.

"So how's your first day going?"

"Pretty alright. Everyone's super nice," you add.

"That's good. I'm glad," he shines another smile that makes your heart rate speed up. Suddenly you're just now aware that his knee is touching your own. You can't even recall the last time you were this close to him.

"Oooh~! Are those Onigiri?" Oikawa's large chocolate eyes gleam at the rice treats squeezed between your chopsticks.

A soft giggle passes your lips at the childlike excitement on his face. But before you can drop one in his bento, his teeth steal them from your own grasp.

The boy's hum of satisfaction sends your nerves into overdrive. "Awe! You're super cute when you blush!"

You curse the close proximity for giving you away.

"N-no I'm not!"

"What're you talking about?" The brunette sighs, "You always have been..." a finger sneaks underneath your chin.

His eyes meet your own and you can feel your heart raging against your chest; all blood rushing to your cheeks. He's leaning in, closer than ever before—

.
.
.

Oikawa's lips gently press against your cheek.

A smirk tugs along the corner of his mouth followed by a wink. "I'll just have to make you blush some more from now on."