Vision (Rhys X Reader) (Cursing)

Hello hello hello! 

Welcome back to oneshot land! I-I mean, kind of oneshot land. This is shorter than my usual oneshots, just to warm up my skills again. So let's get into it! :)

*****

"Love! Love!" 

I paused mid-conversation, sharing the same surprised look with Lief. It's not that Rhys doesn't call to me - I mean, he doesn't, but he just seems so... alive?

I don't know, usually whenever he'd call to me I'd shout back 'what?!' or 'come closer and say it again!'. But hearing my boyfriend so ecstatic... I couldn't respond.

My best friend seemed to share the same thought process as me (surprisingly, he's pretty dense). 

"Love! Love?" I blinked. Oh yeah I was supposed to answer, I thought. Turning around slightly, I looked to the hallway.

"Yes!?" I shouted, hearing Rhys' footsteps. As he walked into the room, I saw that, 1.) he was in his human clothes without his horns, and 2.) he has these weird rectangles on his face.

The look on his face was the brightest smile I'd ever seen. I didn't even think he could smile that. I hate it, but his expression brought a smile to my own face.

"You need somethin'?" I asked, a small chuckle leaving my face.

"Darling! I can see!" he cheered, skipping over and holding my face in his hands. Lief looked at us weirdly (I couldn't blame him), and muttered a small 'could you never see in the first place?'.

I agreed with him, was his vision just blurry? 

"You're so beautiful," he said suddenly, catching me off guard. My boyfriend proceeded to kiss my forehead, only adding more colour to my s/c face. "Have I really been missing this much of life?"

I laughed awkwardly, pushing Rhys by his chest. 

"Okay, okay, Babe. Calm down, it's just seeing," I told him (unless ur me and you're pretty blind lol)

"Darling, you should try these on!" he said excitedly. He took the lenses off and handed them to me, a childlike smile on his face. 

Unable to say no, I sighed and placed them onto my nose, pushing them back. 

"Woah," I said. I squinted, "though my vision is still fucked up..." Rhys looked at me eagerly, "I... can see better."

I blinked multiple times and turned to Lief. He looked clearer. It was so strange. I always had some problems reading things close to me, while Rhys told me about his struggle with seeing far away.

"Do these things really cure my shit-tastic vision?" I stared at the window, admiring the sight.

"Rhys, dude. What the hell, stop staring at her like she's some three-course meal."

I whipped my head around to find my boyfriend gazing intensely at me. His blue eyes bore into my body, but they held some emotion. The emotion? No clue.

"What are you thinking?" I asked slowly, raising an eyebrow.

Rhys blinked and shook his head. He chuckled, before giving me a warm smile,

"You just look beautiful, Darling,"

*****

Ya'll, my hands were not ready for this. Like, my poor fingers weren't ready for this much work fml. 

Gotta go write an essay now though,

Love love! <3